Minority govt

Lammy?

Another Labour. He’s absolutely rancid.

1 Like

Whilst lovely that people are passionate, if you breach the AUP I’ll have no choice but to give you warnings.

Breaking with the tradition for this thread of just posting and not backing my claims with any form of evidence, here’s a link: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/jeremy-corbyn-distraught-as-he-visits-scene-of-terror-attack-in-his-own-constituency-a3567916.html

Given what the weather was like yesterday, could he just have watery eyes, rather than crying? Having lived through the Bliar years, I am always suspicious of left wing spin. A few tears = good picture op and headline.

Maybe I’m made of different stuff but I do not cry easily, unlike some of the people I work with who have been tearful after all the recent incidents and they have no connection whatsoever.

If Corbyn had got in, I’m sure by now we’d have had a ‘people’s princess’ moment.

He looks very distraught in that very neatly framed and timed photo. He’s going to be so sad at that picture being in the news.

Meanwhile Theresa May was too busy with the Emergency Services to have a photo shoot.

You forget the first rule of politics, taken from “The Prince” by Niccolo Machiavelli;
“The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly of the vulgar.”

I cannot beleive any grown man would ever by so naive to not see through this political crap. And of course the media are well known for their honesty and not at all for their own agenda.

You really need to chill out. I was just answering the query whether he was the local MP.

As has always been the case. It would be interesting to see what a smaller nation’s “EUexit” would generate in terms of outcry. “Brexit” has always been far more threatening to the EU “project” (for this, with aims of ever increasing political, economic and legal unity, it must be so called), particularly before the French had their own Presidential election. Removing a large member will always have far more “collateral damage”.

2 Likes

The French election was farcical in as much as they voted in a party that didn’t exist until last year by Macron and it will be interesting to see it’s longevity if he gets bored or gets voted out.

As for smaller countries it depends how small, however the furore over Greece’s attempts to leave the euro (which it should IMO), which all new joiners have to adopt, show that any attempts to leave either the eu or euro will be treated with equal contempt by people who maintain the façade that the eu project is still viable and don’t seem to understand why people think it’s a pile of doo doo.

1 Like

Not to mention he is a former banker, and ALLEGEDLY has offshore accounts…

I seem to remember the snowflake lefties hating on the bankers and kicking off against them and suddenly they are blowing smoke up the hoop of one of them.

The French got cold feet in electing Le Pen IMO. I would lay money this lot will be removed ASAP and then business as usual.

Listening to an interview with John McDonald shows just how removed the Labour party are from the reality. He was saying they want to stop austerity which seems to involve throwing billions at the public sector, which if I recall was what partly led to the situation we are in. But then Labour seem to think that making the public sector bigger is the key to success and not encouraging business and private enterprise. Still they’ll keep offering the sweeties to kids of promises of free uni education, with no suggestion of how it is paid for in the longer term. I’d expect another raid on business akin to the one undertaken by Brown on company pension funds, as it was immoral that businesses are able to offer pensions to employees, so they might not need to have to beg for benefits. I’ve managed to keep my Final Salary pension for now as I’ve worked here for so long. I really hope I don’t have to take one of the other options as they are crap.

There is also a worrying undercurrent that the unions will be given slack reins and more influence.

It was interesting that McDonald couldn’t properly answer why to the mainstream media he says that Labour lost the election and the Conservatives have legitimate right to form a govt and says the opposite to The Morning Star and actively supports the demo in London today.

Then he says Labour should still be given the opportunity to form a minority govt, give me strength.