Military Aircraft Systems

Hi,

I’m Teaching the Military Aircraft Systems classification topic soon and just looking at how to structure it.

The Ultilearn powerpoints seam to mainly focus on the weapon capabilities but don’t mention the launching systems or the safety features.

Quick Questions are: -

Has anyone actually taught it?
How did you structure it?
Did it work, did the cadets enjoy it & actually find it of interest?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

We’ve never taught it, because the Ultilearn “lessons” were so awful. Last time I looked they consisted of a title and a picture of the weapon. Unless you already know about it, there’s no way of teaching it!

I would also check that the cadets are able to sit the exam, as if I recall correctly it wasn’t available because of the problems with the content of the lesson.

I’ve checked Ulitlearn and the exam is an option for the cadets to sit (once I authorise them behind the scenes).

The slides are awful being very basic although the learning objectives are quite helpful on what is to be achieved. It does appear the topic will require a lot of background research to fill the blanks and make it an enjoyable subject rather than just “Aircraft Weapons Recognition”

Good news! Turns out my new version of the syllabus is now live on Ultilearn (as V3) - got there in the end!

Hopefully should be a lot easier to teach now, any feedback is welcome.

2 Likes

I will look this evening and feed back.

I’m also keen to hear from other Sqns about the best ways to teach Snr Cadet topics. I’m leaning towards weekend workshop formats, not least because Snrs /Master often have other responsibilities on Sqn.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried this yet? Would be interesting to get some feedback.

Had cadets take the exam and pass - unfortunately although their results display in Ultiflop reports they do not appear in their SMS records

Course was good though

What is given with one hand is taken by the other…:vangry:

Ah, might be worth submitting a helpdesk report for that one - I’m afraid I don’t do the IT, just the materials!

@MattB have started delivering this to my cadets… Amazing.

I have no prior knowledge but the PowerPoints are great as is the accompanying lesson plans / instructor notes.

I only wish the other subjects could be done so well.