Mileage rate petition

As I was researching claiming tax releif for the difference between HMRC MAR and what we get from RAFAC I came across this petition and thought its worth sharing Increase the HMRC Mileage Rate from 45p/mile to 60p/mile - Petitions so people can add their weight to it. As its the government rate will affect you if your claiming business miles too :slight_smile:

This was mentioned on VoV recently too. The fact were only getting 25p/mile is pretty rediculous! I keep meaning to work out this whole claiming tax relief thing too!

Speaking to HMRC the other day the form requires ‘employers’ PAYE reference so could be that only uniformed CFAV can actually claim the relief.

Unless any non-uniformed CFAVs here have been successful and can share how they did it?

I did discuss with one of our CIs and they wer told by HMRC they weren’t eligible without a PAYE reference from the organisation your claiming the relief against.

That’ll now be your new JPA service number. Regardless of the ins and outs of it, and the contstant debate over the word; as far as HMRC are concerned, income from the RAFAC is an “employment”.

PAYE employer used to be “RAF Reserve”; now it is " MOD JPAC ARMED FORCES PAYROLL"

This is what I understood too. As I don’t have RAFAC or MOD as an employer, I can’t claim anything back! Bit annoying. Would be nice if we could just get the 45p/mile instead…

Nope, it’s not an individual employee number as such but the single code for the entity. Looking at a renumeration notification for last year it’s the EMP REF value.

I’m just doing a Tax Return - as it’s been mentioned here it would seem a good thread to ask - does anyone know the Employer Reference for RAF Reserve?

Not near my paperwork now and won’t be home until late but if you look at any of your renumeration slips from claimed days for last year you will find it on there

Ah, I misread “Employer’s reference number” to mean their reference for us.

My last P60 says it’s 948/153A

3 Likes

Thanks

Dooes anyone know the employer reference number for the new pay via JPA?

Not claimed any days yet so don’t know if its the same as the RAF Reserves one or not but if you need to contact HMRC about something related to RAFAC for the current tax year they generally don’t ask for it as they have the info they need on screen.

I am a bit surprised its not included in the HMRC app or online services.

If you can access Gateway, go onto the ‘My PAY’ tile and open it. It will give you all the info you need.

I did look. Couldn’t see a PAYE Reference number