Medal Query

Just curious if anyone can identify the medal on the far right? Familiar with the others but that one’s eluding me!

My first thought was that it was the Ebola Medal but shouldn’t that be in front of the jubilee medals? Happy to be corrected if i’m wrong!

It’s definitely the Ebola medal. And it’s in the wrong place by the looks of it

Whoops, I’m wrong. From photos on the internet it looks like it’s in the right place actually.

Ebola Medal incorrectly mounted I think. Would this not be before long service medals

If you have been awarded that, then you have large brass spherical objects either male or female. I have a friend who spent six months running an Ebola Hospital in Sierra Leone, madness absolute madness.

1 Like

Abso-f-ing-lutely. Massive respect to anyone with that gong.

4 Likes

Same person was also in Haiti and Nepal following the earthquakes, did six months at Bastion as a trauma surgeon, and many other places around the world. Was awarded a CBE about four years ago for his works.

The Ebola Medal, hard-earned though it is, is not considered a campaign or war medal; long service medal or a personal gift of the sovereign (ie: Jubilee Medals), so it is worn in the correct place as shown in the photo.

1 Like

Its an officer in my wing she spent time in africa supporting the ebola fight

Thanks for clarifying. Guess I thought it was up there as you deserve a heel of a lot of respect for that

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.