Master cdt age change

I have no problem leaving letters till later

The problem as well with emails is the expectation that people are willing and able 24/7 to look at them and the same with SM. Even with our own kids you’ll be having a conversation their phone indicates it craves their attention and they are distracted, because one of their mates has done something inconsequential to mankind and decided to make everyone in their bubble, aware.

Back on topic

Which took months to get out to squadrons, dependant on your Wing HQ…

Simply set up alerts on SharePoint so you get notified when changes are made. (I received this IBN as soon as it was published as well as an alert about the amended ACTO 1.)

As i said, back on topic. I’ll just continue deleting others.

TBPH back in the day you didn’t do anything related to learning about instruction until you hit Staff P2 and had a few pages on instructional technique and I don’t recall there ever being a problem with the way NCOs did things, as they were coached by existing NCOs. By the time I did Satff P2, I’d been an NCO for 3 years and doing classification lessons for at least 18 months. Even doing classroom instruction, no one ever said you can’t do that until you’ve done this or that or because you’ve not done this or that.
I’ve taken staff and cadets through MOI and I don’t understand why it’s regarded as some magic bullet, as there is little or no point in knowing how, when you have little understanding of the subject. The latter is the biggest problem we have.

And vice versa. I’ve sat through more than enough lectures from people who have all the knowledge in the world but no idea how to deliver it effectively.

5 Likes

Pretty much sums up a lot of university!

1 Like

A lecture is not the same as a lesson by my understanding, it is to purely present information and people take away what they want from it.

The problem is for reasons I can’t grasp, the MOI has been come to be regarded as some sort of panacea / magic bullet.

The point stands. At least in a university context a lecture is supposed to be imparting knowledge to the students. I have sat through more than one where the lecturers method of delivery is so incredibly poor no one is learning anything.

1 Like