Mandatory Training (Climatic Injuries and First Aid)

“Failure to have either Climatic Injuries or FA training recorded on BADER would stop the cadets attending”

Bloke in the mess said that RHQ would completely withhold clearance for the weekend to take place if any Staff or Cdts were down to attend without the mandatory training having been recorded on their Bader record
Now, the CI training is pretty easy to do even if the CI DVD is rather repetitive and once you’ve seen it once, you dread having to watch it again.

“if Wings are choosing to take that route then it should certainly have been advertised in advance that this step was going to be taken”

Bloke in mess also said that several emails were sent out to all Sqns in the months leading up to this ban stating the requirement

Its a Black Art in my Wing

If I am correct, the climatic injury training videos are the ones with “protect yourself, protect your mates, don’t be your own worst enemy” and are the best videos on this planet. They are so crude and cheesy, it’s funny. I’ve seen them two or three times now and I could probably tell you the plot of most of them, because I remember not paying attention to the “training”, but paying attention to the poor quality of the video. Still a beautiful masterpiece though.