Male Shoes - Help!

I am new to air cadets and I am looking for male shoes, I have came across these two pairs (links below) and I don’t know which ones are better! I am wondering if people could give me some advice?

http://www.cadetdirect.com/male-parade-shoes-brand-new

http://www.cadetdirect.com/british-forces-style-parade-shoe-male

Depends on your budget, etc, & if your feet are still growing…

Quite a few options on fleaBay that perhaps are worth considering.

£50 is the highest I probably want to spend, I think my feet has stopped growing if not they have almost stopped growing! ! What ones would you recommend?

Find out where your parent RAF station is then give clothing stores a call and ask how much they sell them for. You may find you get them much much cheaper.

See what surplus shops are doing in terms of Grade 1. These come in between £10 and £15, most of my cadets get these and they are perfect as a first buy, but you need to go to the shop.

I would advise against buying shoes onlne at your age, it might seem like a good/easy thing and you might get lucky, but seeing my daughters (in their 20s) having to re-order and return shoes and clothes as the shoes didn’t fit despite, supposedly, being the right size. DMS come in different width fittings for each size.

Some problems with this suggested approach:

1. What parent RAF station?
  2. Are you seriously suggesting that it’s appropriate for cadets to ring up clothing stores on their own initiative? Why not get them to ring up AEFs to ask for flying while they’re at it?
  3. Cadets are not entitled to purchase anything from clothing stores.
  4. How would they collect their purchase if they did?

This is a big issue with the drawdown of the RAF, is the model of Parent Stations fit for purpose? (Maybe in Lincolnshire but perhaps not in the rest of the UK)
2. Are you seriously suggesting that it’s appropriate for cadets to ring up clothing stores on their own initiative? Why not get them to ring up AEFs to ask for flying while they’re at it?

1. Cadets are not entitled to purchase anything from clothing stores.

Cadets certainly used to be entitled to buy Shoes, Boots, Insoles and Socks from clothing storesOfficers could purchase Caps, Braid VRT badges etc. ( although, depending on the mood/attitude/availabiltity of the clothing store staff, it was a hit and miss at my old Parent Station, it was usually ok if an officer went in to purchase shoes for cadets). I sometimes went in and bought around a dozen pairs at a time for cadets in my Squadron. There was a DIN listing pre payment purchases by ATC/CCF cadets and staff.

1. How would they collect their purchase if they did?[/quote]

Perhaps it is something that should be looked at across the whole of the Corps to ensure some equal treatment in different geographical areas.

I have been out of the Corps for just over a year so my info may be out of date

3. Cadets are not entitled to purchase anything from clothing stores.

4. How would they collect their purchase if they did?[/quote]

5. The RAF station that provides you with your clothing and barrack equipment is known as your ‘Parent’ station. ATC units in the NW have Shawbury as theirs.

6. I am suggesting that any decent sqn stores officer would use their initiative and phone up on behalf of the cadet or cadets.

7. Cadets can purchase items from stores such as boots or shoes. They cannot purchase MTP or blue uniform.

8. Delivery would be in the same way that your clothing is delivered to your wing when you ordered it.

Thought that it was relatively simple!!

Word I had from my stores (Lossie) when I tried this was that cadets couldn’t purchase items that they are not scaled for, which rules out footwear. I couldn’t even order a range of shoes as they clearly weren’t for me.
(note: This would suggest that they could buy shirts and trousers :wink: )

This organisation needs an online shop and the ability to sell new, approved items to authorised personnel. it could be used to supply issued items FoC (against a cost code no doubt) but could also be used for cash purchases. Restricted items (badges etc.) could be limited to HQs.

St John Ambulance do something like this for their cadets.

I asked about this years ago. They would have to charge VAT on the items as they cannot register or qualify as tax exempt from HMRC. Some holding Rupert had the job of looking into it all. Then the cost of storage as postage plus staffing would make the final cost exorbitant if trying to sell at 0% profit.

Shame as its a wonderful thought.

I am wanting to get this pair (the link below). I am wondering if anyone knows if they are large made or not?

http://www.cadetdirect.com/male-parade-shoes-brand-new

Shoes come in 3 width fittings Small Medium and Large.

I’d have given them a call first before ordering

I would also hold off from ordering from cadet direct until you’ve looked elsewhere. As mentioned above eBay is usually a good place to find deals.