Longmoor Training Camp

The convient thing would be HQAC liasing with our ACF colleagues to start a fair split of CTC bookings.

But that will never happen

2 Likes

We could also play more nicely with the CCF. Often pretty amazing facilities and not much used at weekends and school holidays.

4 Likes

Thats what im working in also.

Ive heard rumours of Wings getting CCF Liason officers

1 Like

Sometimes. Some will be boarding schools (very much used at weekends) and often facilities are hired out commercially over the holidays.

Essentially: yes, but be prepared to pay as you would for any third party. It’s the school that owns/operates facilities, not the CCF.

1 Like

I’m not against paying if it facilitates high quality training.

2 Likes

Not at all - just reminding that it’s not quite the same as asking nicely for access to a squadron.

I’m looking for a new role. And have been in both branches.

1 Like

Maybe adk the Q locally!

1 Like

Some of us are so used to doing things on the cheap that we aren’t prepared to charge a reasonable rate.

3 Likes

Exactly this

We’ve become addicted to cheap rather than good.

4 Likes

There are some great bunkhouses out there if you want to run AT/DofE, do your own cooking you can even teach that as a skill that’s useful in service or civilian life.

2 Likes

I said it before in relation to the guide sites being sold off:

Added bold. At some point we really are going to have to work things out for our selves… The funding we get via the MOD, be that direct cash or access to DTE will dry up soon enough.

3 Likes

Indeed you did. And I completely agree

There have been efforts underway to get as much info about planned DTE requirements through to the end of 2024 for centralised booking.

Yeah, I’ve seen a few emails from various regions.

1 Like

Had heard that could be going down a route where organisation makes a booking at a DTE, then central booking tells you where. So you could ask for Catterick but get allocated STANTA.

Make sure you ask the right questions and push the right buttons.

‘Can I make a commercial booking for my activity group’ will get a very different response from ‘Is there any chance you can help a local under-funded community group with the loan of facilities as part of your charitable work?’. We have two different rates here, and the community rate is basically costs only. E.g. our swimming pool - the community rate just covers the cost of lifeguards.

Still might not be possible if things are already booked, of course, but worth asking.

3 Likes

It would also be worth trying to arrange joint training with the CCF(RAF) section and have them technically lead it and invite you to take part. Then there’s likely to be no charge to anyone even if you’re taking the majority of slots.

2 Likes

We’ve invited CCF on our courses, naturally we don’t charge them! But absent of a central point of contact it is hard to track down contingent commanders to advertise.

Go via OC TEST - you should be able to get contact details from WHQ.

1 Like