Longmoor Training Camp

Hi, does anyone have an email for Longmoor Camp, I am looking to make a booking. Or do you know, if there is a form form to fill out and how I get hold of it and who do I send to to.
Many thanks in advance.

1 Like

You need to complete a JSP 907 form and send it to the booking cell for South East (who are based at Longmoor)

Contact details are available within JSP 907 (on SharePoint Key Docs)

Longmoor is currently highly utilised in relation to the Ukraine War so don’t believe there is availability, even at weekends currently.

3 Likes

Longmoor is a nightmare at the moment from what I’ve heard.

Longmoor will remain out of consideration until end of 2024.

Even after end of ukraine war.
Training of Ukranian army will continue
Then… return to British army training.

So whilst 2024 has been mentioned in the DIO ops conference…

I personally wouldn’t be considering until 2025 earliest.

1 Like

Every booking ive had in the last year has been canx by the army

Thank you everyone for the info.

Heard that, and at other DTE locations, is going to become the norm over next couple of years. Even ACF getting bounced :roll_eyes:

^ ACF are the same priority as us, are they not?

Check your email inbox :wink:

1 Like

Normally priority 14 for standard stuff.

Annual camps are higher. Staff training is 8/9…

There was an issue a few years back with parent regiments booking on behalf of their cap badged detachment.

DTE had a sense of humour failure.

1 Like

I’ve also known service Instructors, to book DTE under their unit, rather than their cadet unit.

2 Likes

There has been discussion of mass bookings happening and the ACF using some trick of booking through higher formations to increase priority. I think Regions or HQ were considering doing the same.

Personally think we need to acknowledge the training that is happening needs to have a higher priority than us and we just need to get by on what we can and use other areas.

9 Likes

This.

Weve created an approach now of courses etc have a resedential and non resendential version as beds and messing are near impossible to find these days

3 Likes

I think this is the new normal, and it’s time to look for alternatives. Ukraine, fire risk, increasing exercise tempo, BATUS closed…

Forestry commission, National Trust?

The convient thing would be HQAC liasing with our ACF colleagues to start a fair split of CTC bookings.

But that will never happen

2 Likes

We could also play more nicely with the CCF. Often pretty amazing facilities and not much used at weekends and school holidays.

4 Likes

Thats what im working in also.

Ive heard rumours of Wings getting CCF Liason officers

1 Like

Sometimes. Some will be boarding schools (very much used at weekends) and often facilities are hired out commercially over the holidays.

Essentially: yes, but be prepared to pay as you would for any third party. It’s the school that owns/operates facilities, not the CCF.

1 Like

I’m not against paying if it facilitates high quality training.

2 Likes