Leaving Gift

Morning All.

I’m looking for gift ideas for our OiC who has decided to hang up her hat. She has been with the corps since 1996.

I have seen a couple of people get an RAF Miniature sword. They look really smart and you can get it engraved.

https://pooleysword.com/en/RAF_Miniature_(Letter_Opener)
FYI the above link is just an example, im not sure where people have got them from before.

1 Like

I have had an engraved glass tankard before and also a port decanter if that helps?

1 Like

Squadron wall shield? One company I have used a few times is C. H. Munday Ltd.

1 Like

Glass Candle lantern engraved with Squadron badge. Looks very smart and something you can have out and lit without being too bold.

1 Like

Slight topic drift, We have a cadet who will be leaving us soon due to quite ill health.

The squadron is going to buy them something as a memento for there time and we are struggling to think of anything baring in mind the cadet is under 18 we are a little stumped.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 Like

Maybe a paperweight engraved

1 Like

Mess kit clutter boxes from these guys are quite good www.prontoimages.com the badge & personalisation was excellent quality.

1 Like

I always ask people who know them “what do you think they would like?” so that they get something they would like, within the budget.

We had a bloke leave the firm and his wife said he wanted a cold frame as his old one had succumbed in a storm. So that’s what he got, with a little plaque saying it was from us, he was really pleased.

We bought one my old OCs a framed print of a Lanc, his dad served as a rear gunner at the end of the war and it was his favourite aircraft as a boy and through his life.

Other than that we’ve bought “red letter days”, bottles of aged whiskey and several times vouchers to be used in a specific place.

TBH a plaque and or engraved other things tend to find their way into boxes in the loft or shed.

1 Like