Latest announcement on sharepoint

CCF do a PME…

Although we have been told that the lead of an event should do one PME and put every unit on it. Did go through the mad stage of multiple units doing separate PMEs for the same event.

Which is what we have been told, all we have to do is check that they have and put down that they have on them bader application.

I think is at the very heart of the matter.
If something is at the top end or one down ie severe where is there to go? In this case only one higher, but this will only be effective IF something happened in the belief that another will happen almost immediately, but the evidence is nothing is that coordinated. IF the warning came into effect BEFORE it happened and it happened, then there is value to it. But it is sitting at severe and nothing happens regularly enough IMO to warrant it.

The problem we have is that the paid employees, especially blue suits, do not really do PMEs or anything like the things we do and never have done and are therefore quite happy to say WE the volunteer staff have to. But then again I expect someone with less that 2½ rings would be tasked with doing it, but as part of their day job. If the heavily braided people saying we have to do things, had to do them (not getting an underling to do it) I bet they’d fall off the radar PDQ. It’s one thing to tell/insist people do things and another completely to have to do it yourself.

But only if you have a significant VIP invited. Our RBL invites the LL, MP and Mayor and lo and behold we see a copper, if these sort of people aren’t invited, police, what police. They only sit in their car, but they are there.

sorry you’re quite right i did not read the superscript “2” on the poster - but my point still stands.

half a dozen Cadets attending Asda for 4-6 hours is not going to go past the “front desk” of the police enquiry line yet as pEp correctly indicates is unnecessary admin.

i have been taking part in Bag Packing for 20 odd years and not once informed the police, and neither have I felt at risk despite the security state being as high as it gets without an incident having happened.

1 Like

Given the recent MO of terrorist attacks, I would say it was more likely that someone would grab a knife from the knife Isle on the spur of the moment, and attack that way, rather than spend 6 weeks planning an attack. No amount of PMEs can predict or prevent that.

Seconded.

I would say if you were in London given the number of stabbings you be unlikely to arrange something there with youngsters predominately using public transport to move around.
But does stabbing make onto the radar, I doubt and I imagine is regarded as almost not raising an eyebrow for more than a few days.

As for attacks; the one in Toronto could have been spawned the day before, by an unknown, so a PME submitted 6 weeks ago would have been a waste of time. Anyone having a bad day can hire a vehicle or use their own and just drive it into a crowd, or, get hold a gun and go on a spree, or, buy bits for bombs over a couple of days and just do it, all completely under the radar. A builder mate of mine has been expecting a knock, as he buys lots of screws and nails.

The only worthwhile thing would a list of high risk areas and if we are in one of those, we plan things fully aware that something could happen and we make a judgement call on that basis, given that no one really has a Scooby about who, what, when or where.