Lanyard on Female Wedgewood Shirt

A few of us at my Sqn have recently passed our Method of Instruction Course, including a female. We have had the lengthy discussion of how to put the lanyard on without having a male shirt or attaching the ‘eye’ onto the epaulette. Anyone out there got any ideas or how they do it?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“morgan347” post=25731]A few of us at my Sqn have recently passed our Method of Instruction Course, including a female. We have had the lengthy discussion of how to put the lanyard on without having a male shirt or attaching the ‘eye’ onto the epaulette. Anyone out there got any ideas or how they do it?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

On our squadron, for female cadets that have passed MoI, the lanyard is attached to the epaulette button and the rest hidden underneath the epaulette itself.

The photo is a bit fuzzy but you get the idea!

FS Westmacott
1990 (Ellon) Sqn

You need to thread the lanyard backwards to what you normally would for a male. This allows the large braid to run along the front of the shirt from the armpit to the shoulder. If you simply lace the lanyard as you would on a mans shirt and twist it round the arm to attache it to the epaulette it will position the large braid to the rear of the shirt.

does this apply to regulations of today ? Having a bit of a problem at the moment with how i put my lanyard on …

Nothing has changed. If you don’t have a pocket, spin it round and use the epaulette button.