Kundasang War Memorial, Sabah

I was recently on exped with another organisation undertaking some of the Sandakan - Ranu death march route, which finished with a brief visit and service at the Kundasang war memorial.

Whist all along I was thinking ‘it would be great to get out here with the ATC’, I was pleasantly surprised that I’d been beaten too it by a group in April 2010.

Does anyone know who they are, or what they were up to, or anyone id be able to contact do find out - as Google hasent really helped.

I’d like to know:

1. what were they doing in addition to visiting the memorial / did they walk any of the route
  2. how they got clearance to wear uniform in Malaysia
  3. were I’d be able to find the post exped report

Thanks in advance

3 seconds on google http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/help-cadets-wing-way-island/story-22375435-detail/story.html

Hi Speedbird,

that was Expedition Tropics Eagle in 2010, which was a joint effort of three Squadrons from Middlesex, Somerset & Devon and Beds & Cambs Wings. The old website is still live.

It was a great trip where we completed a jungle trek, white water rafting, a community project and climbed Mount Kinabalu. We didn’t walk any of the Sandakan Death March, but that would be epic for a future trip for someone.

If you send me a PM with your email address I’ll be happy to pass it on to the Expedition Leader who is now in Herts & Bucks Wing for the exped report and details on the application process.