Kings Birthday Honours List 24

Me neither be a damn fine waste of ‘wee’

1 Like

It’s scandalous that with all the talent and hard work invested by so many people that the lack of recognition is palpable.

But on a lighter note nice to see Tracy Emin get a Damehood for finally being able to make her bed and being the UK equivalent to Congo the Chimp that could paint.

3 Likes

Well someone’s told them how it is on HQAC Social Media :rofl:

1 Like

They’ll delete the comment soon I’m sure

With a like from a squadron’s official page :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Wow so are we led to believe that in the last year that no-one has put forward a recommendation anywhere - in the whole of the RAFAC - I smell a rat somewhere…………
what a crock

4 Likes

What an odd comment from our illustrious leader. No one was belittling anyone, just decrying our lack of recognition. It’s not zero sum

2 Likes

Straight in with the straw man to diminish and dismiss the feelings and opinions put forward by a volunteer in CAC’s first sentence; excellent work.

How about he asks those in management and leadership positions under his command where THEIR citations for others are?

Sir, your contempt for volunteers is showing.

“Let’s celebrate that our brilliant volunteers are recognised alongside them” is misdirection that rings hollow in a debate about quantity and quality of recognition.

8 Likes

I think considering the highest ranking “Ferguson” on the email directory is a Fg Off, he probably hasn’t, and therefore a pathetic attempt of passing the hot potato…

He should be asking his RCs and Wg OCs what they have done… I’m guessing thatll be another FOI on the horizon…

If RCs and.Wg OCs aren’t getting them you can be sure nobody else will be as any nomination will not get past them.

1 Like

If the system was working, an RC should be championing volunteers, realising the difference between their paid role having indirect effect simply enabling others and the direct impact of a frontline volunteer going beyond normal societal responsibilities and expectations. That’s not to diminish the responsibility that RCs hold, but if a state honour is for excelling beyond the norm/median, I can’t think of many in recent history that have stood out as deserving in that context.

…and it’s not even an “us vs them” perspective or bias, because if the system was working correctly, RCs would be effective enough in their role to be eligible.

If the system was working, anyone getting to Wing King would have already earned a state award. After all, in that system, what would make you good enough and effective enough to take command of a wing if you hadn’t demonstrated eligibility and acceptance for an honour for prior service?

Besides, envy isn’t a good look on a leader whose role is to lift others and play minor lord while sneering and snubbing. So, if the system was working and we were promoting the right people, it wouldn’t matter what was on a Wing Commander’s chest because they would happily beat the drum for their squadron and wing volunteers.

5 Likes

The initial TK comment has been deleted and a slightly…tamer… one posted.

Maybe why that’s why they’ve banned alcohol? Don’t drink and post.

5 Likes

It also doesn’t help that I know many quarters of your organisation have a stepped approach.

For example, an MBE type nomination might be intercepted because they haven’t received a Lord Lieutenant’s award yet. So that could well reset the clock on someone feeling they can be put forward for further recognition.

The guidelines for the honours system exist for a reason.

If someone fits the description of an MBE, it should be automatic that the organisation gives it a go.

And it’s all well and good challenging a flying officer for not writing someone up, but if you submit someone in the civilian system and there’s even a minor reference to the military, such as “and on top of all that, they also support their local cadet unit as staff”, they instantly get sucked into the military system.

At that point, everyone in the chain messes around with your writing and puts their own view on it, rather than it going straight to the top.

The military chain should be blocked with messing with it.

1 Like

Dare some one to publish the graphic from the MoD report as a reply to the CACs post…

6 Likes

Ouch, those responses into his first deleted comment are the worst kind of brutal — they’re fair.

One wonders what the SCC are doing in relation to our org…….

Its been done by someone. Shots fired!

2 Likes

What are people saying? I can’t see as I don’t have an account and Facebook no longer allows you to view things without logging in

2 Likes