Junior & First Class Cadet Training

Just re-looking at our training materials for U/T First Class cadets witht he view to updating them for next intake.

Seems like there is a great deal of old material around with lots of outdated information. Looks like I might have to start from scratch as I can’t find what I’m looking for as I would like to put together some decent up to date information that the cadets will find interesting.

Just wondering if anyone has re-done their training materials recently? Or know of any good resources, especially good materials such as video and other interactive elements.

Many thanks!

If you have access to ultilearn, instructor notes and lesson plans etc are on there.

Thanks Grumpy - I’ve looked and can’t find it in Ultilearn… Maybe I need better access - I will have to check with the Sqn & see what permissions I have or if I’m just being a a dullard…

They are there but aren’t exactly engaging or very good. Big one from my point of view is to build things in the programme that actually rewarding. So the Blue Radio Badge and YFA are part of the programme. As a result for most of my cadets First Class is the 3rd badge on the brassard.

As they are on powerpoint I just changed them with animation and Squadron info and pictures where relevant. To make them more interesting.
If they are not interesting to you they won’t be for a cadet.
Also I did find the RAF syllabus very confusing they use a lot of abbreviations that I didn’t understand. How are we supposed to teach it to cadets? The old ACPs were a much clearer format. Although obviously mostly out of date.

I have uploaded some PowerPoints that very closely match the First Class Logbooks to ACC Drive.

History of Flight
The Royal Air Force
The Air Training Corps
Fundamentals of Airmanship

Radio Comms is now well covered by the Blue Badge PowerPoints, while IET & Map Reading are practical subjects.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

If you want a copy of my unit’s first class training manual, just let me know