Jumper

Hi, some of the staff at my squadron have said that the bottom of your jumper (the ribbed bit), when worn is meant to be untucked. I’ve had a quick look through AP1358C and I can’t find anything relating to it. Is it up to your squadron or is there something I’m missing?

Thank you!

1 Like

Jumpers are worn untucked.

Real question is fold/roll over the excess or just wear it like a dress? :joy:

4 Likes

Neither. Exchange it for one that fits.

3 Likes

Unless under the GPJ? Then you tuck it up under in my experience.

Poorly fitting GPJ :wink:

1 Like

That’s EVERY GPJ.

I swear the cut was designed for Orangutans.

Yeah id make sure my jumper wasnt sticking out the bottom, even if it added to the rubber ring

2 Likes

Anyway, jumpers…

I’m not sure where the idea of tucking in a jumper would come from. If it’s not in ACP1358 it’s because it’s not considered necessary. Shirts are tucked, other garments aren’t.

I do make an exception at times for a sweatshirt in greens, but that’s not in the ACP anyway so I’m more likely to get picked up for wearing it than for how I wear it.

1 Like

I have to tuck mine up. Looks weird sticking out the bottom. I have the same thing at times in civvies.

I’ve never seen jumpers tucked in within the RAFAC. Honestly amazed it’s a thing.

Tucking up into a GPJ is fair enough though.

Single, inward fold.

We’re not always blessed enough to have the ability to swap for a different size. Also doesn’t account for the short and broad who will naturally have an incorrect length wearing the correct size.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the AP does say something about the jumper not being allowed to show below the GPJ, which is why I always size my jumper on the small side and get an X-long GPJ. The AP might not ‘say’ anything about not tucking the jumper in or rolling it up, but it also has pictures showing how it is worn correctly.

1 Like

I just don’t wear the GPJ. It’s an awful garment.

2 Likes

I quite like my GPJ. Gives me a warmth item to wear that doesn’t drive my skin into hives like the jumper does. Always kept my eye out for a greatcoat though.

I agree it’s awful, but do tend to wear it rather than a jumper anyway: for practical reasons.

It should be replaced with something in the correct colour, however, with flying / trade / qualification badges and medal ribbons.

2 Likes

What…like the Thunderbird Jacket of old?

2 Likes

I’d prefer something with box pockets for the medal ribbons, flying badges, etc, to sit on but, basically, yes. Are you trying to tell me a NAVY blue ‘80s bomber jacket with no badges or medal ribbons is better?

1 Like

We are due a return to battledress, upon which one can sew on badges, medal ribbons, etc. Maybe not made from wool: not since global warming has really kicked in these last few years. We should be issued a KD tropical uniform for summer as well. :thinking:

2 Likes

And white 6A uniform

4 Likes