Jumper weather

Simples. Cold. Sleeves down. Jumper on. Whatever works. The only time I’ve interfered with sleeves up or down is when Cdts insist on wearing long-sleeved tops under greens but then had sleeves up, showing various colours including bright bloody pink - sleeves down!
Apparently the OC insisted on sleeves up as it was aftet the date dress changed, yet he hasn’t challenged the colours on show on their arms :roll_eyes:

Was he one of those old school OCs who would make everyone take their smocks off if one cadet forgot it?

2 Likes

when i was a Cadet [oh hear goes Grandad again] it was always short sleeve in working blues, with jumpers on or off.
I don’t think I ever saw Working Blue sleeves worn down until such time i was a CFAV. I am not sure if that coincided with me moving units or change in policy (or maybe both?) but do recall if the blue shirt sleeves up was too cold a jumper was worn as decided by the individual.

2 Likes

In the same ballpark… MTP / DPM lightweight jackets do not require the sleeves to be rolled up… The number of times I’ve seen other wings shivering on the parade square at Cosford, waiting to march off for WARMA… It defies belief that we have staff so obtuse.

4 Likes

Same people who tell cadets not to carry the L98 by the carrying handle?

3 Likes

I think you mean the rear sight bracket :wink:

@wdimagineer2b It’s not required, but how else can people pretend to look ally?

True allyness was surely to have the sleeves of the DPM LW Jacket rolled up, with a long sleeved Helly Hansen shirt underneath…

3 Likes

A classic look for those who are truly Ally

2 Likes

For the ultimate ally look: UBACS, Shorts, Flip Flops & Shortbrim bush hat.

1 Like

As long as it was a black helly. None of that OG nonsense.

1 Like

Helly?
Not even on the radar any more chaps.
First it was Helly, then we moved to North Face.
Some time with North Face and then it moved to RAB.

Not content with RAB we are now on Arc’Teryx.

With a smattering of Montane thrown in for good measure.

Do you even operate?

Pffft… Youngster… :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.