Join Portal

Yeah, page loads for me now.

It looks like there was a brief outage on the service part way through this morning and our caching system hadnā€™t refreshed. Weā€™ve brought it back online now.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll take a look in to this and see what options we have based on the way the data is stored.

Thank you for the feedback!

Welcome to the forums Ben. Prepare to be bombarded daily with questions from us! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

even if itā€™s just a text file, everyone loves a bit of sed + grep :wink: (or is that just meā€¦? :grimacing:)

1 Like

Iā€™ve had good results with Select2 for this purpose.

1 Like

Sorry for the bump

We have some potential staff sitting in Limbo in the applicants section of ā€˜Staffā€™.

Is it on Sqn that the are approved into the realms of active or is that a WHQ jobby?

If the latter, pending which bits of paperwork (fairly certain DBS etc has all been taken care of - but I canā€™t see the applicants tab) as Iā€™m keen to get the new staff involved in AVIP/Uniformed Staff development.

Cheers

The applicant should be able to login to Volunteer Portal with their personal account that was generated once they completed the initial form.

This will show them whatā€™s outstanding in terms of DBS / BPSS on there SMS profile.

Once everything is all done they should have the option to proceed with their application.

If the BPSS / DBS is missing, chase your WHQ to upload.

Nope.
Applicants cant log into VP. Or at least my one cant.

I dont believe this is the case.
My understanding is there are bits of developer work outstanding to allow this.

IIRC thatā€™s the same in my new staff members case

1 Like

The staff applicant thing is rapidly becoming a cluster.

An update on the RAFAC Join Platform, coming on Thursday 21 October to an applicant near you!

My applicant submitted yesterday, I approved yesterday and WHQ have approved today.

Now the only missing step is HQ Pers.

Itā€™s looking entirely possible that the entire appointment approval process is completed while away on holiday this week.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been waiting on HQAC for a while . . . donā€™t hold your breath.

They are now showing on SMS as a CI (Probationer) almost correct as they should have no probation being an ex cadet, but will get my WHQ to fix that post leave.

1 Like

Seems to be what happens for all ex staff cadets until they get a proper service number for some bizarre reason

Wasnā€™t sure where best to ask, so hereā€™ll do. Anyone had any luck with getting a new-joiners SC transferred over from current employment? Theyā€™ve already done BPSS/SC with their employer so seems ridiculous to do BPSS again with us.

SC transferred with minimal difficulty initially. BPSS had to be redone in the mass redo and they tried to get me to do SC again at that point. I didnā€™t do it and theyā€™ve gone quiet.

SC should transfer as itā€™s the same standard everywhere, apparently BPSS asks slightly different questions in different departments and so itā€™s easier to redo it than to get all the assurances from the host department that HQAC require

Agreed - SC easy to transfer. Just ask them to get their security controller to send the clearance reference to Wing HQ.

BPSS is a pain that youā€™ll probably have to re-do because people seem to do it differently. Nice to know there is one standardā€¦

3 Likes