JL DZ Patch

I have a cadet at my squadron who completed JL last year. He is almost 20 and looking into going down the VR(T) route.

Will he be eligible to wear the JL DZ patch on his MTP uniform when he becomes uniformed staff?

AP1358c isn’t clear about this. I know that staff who had completed a parachute course, or were in the RAF Reg in the regular forces are eligible to wear the wings/mudguards but it doesn’t say anything about JL?

Can someone help?

Thx.

HR

No he can’t.

Things he did as a cadet aren’t transferable to adult staff ie flying schol wings etc.

See para 434

Are you saying that “JUNIOR LEADER – GRADUATE. CADETS ONLY” isn’t clear enough? :wink:

[quote=“hobrocket” post=25616]I :sick: have a cadet at my squadron who completed JL last year. He is almost 20 and looking into going down the VR(T) route.

Will he be eligible to wear the JL DZ patch on his MTP uniform when he becomes uniformed staff?

AP1358c isn’t clear about this. I know that staff who had completed a parachute course, or were in the RAF Reg in the regular forces are eligible to wear the wings/mudguards but it doesn’t say anything about JL?

Can someone help?

Thx.

HR[/quote]

Sadly not. He should know that as the DS don’t wear them on the course. (Well not on their no3s anyway.)

Mine’s on the back of my No5 waistcoat. Because I’m lame.