It gets better

Let’s prepare for 6 months of being mushrooms like the fieldcraft ban.

I would be nice to know how long this will take to inform us and sort out. There are many Sqn’s taking part in the Corps Air rifle competiion and a quick answer would be helpful as we have some really keen cadets who enjoy shooting and have put in a lot of time and effort in to taking part in the above comp. I hope some common sense will be used but I doubt it !!! :angry: Rant Over…

[quote=“talon” post=22106][quote=“redowling” post=22102]
Nope, as they won’t have undergone the full safety & suitability for service testing required to bring them in as Service weapons. They are NSWs - just a pet project and centrally organised via HQAC.[/quote]

I would seek clarification on that one. The BSA Scorpion and Air Arms CZ200 have their own official cadet manual, approved by the SASC, which details how they should be used, as opposed to proper NSW that would not have such a manual.[/quote]

The manual is only for the cassette / magazine fed weapon , which when we started down the procurement / auth process was told not to purchase as it does not comply for any of our corps led competition shoots as it has to be a single shot rifle, so I assume most squadrons will have been given the same advice and would have the single shot versions, which are not covered by the manual in anycase

This wouldn’t have anything to do with recent instructions issued by the local Bde to all CCF units, re: WHT’s, would it?

We’ve been informed from that now on, only the SNCO of the Cadet Training Team (not to be confused with the ACO CTT) is the only person who can conduct WHT’s for staff. Even SAAI’s are no longer allowed to test.

[Edited to add: this instruction includes CCF(RAF)].

[quote=“Gunner” post=22119]
We’ve been informed from that now on, only the SNCO of the Cadet Training Team (not to be confused with the ACO CTT) is the only person who can conduct WHT’s for staff. Even SAAI’s are no longer allowed to test.

[Edited to add: this instruction includes CCF(RAF)].[/quote]

Who dreamt up that one???

I would sincerely love to know…

Not quite, erroneously they’ve said where it happened and who did it, but granted it will be 6 months. Maybe our ACF chums can add some details.

We knew sqrt(FA) wrt the bivvying ban … officially, when it happened.

I’ll try and make some discreet enquiries, no promises though!

[quote=“Gunner” post=22119]This wouldn’t have anything to do with recent instructions issued by the local Bde to all CCF units, re: WHT’s, would it?

[Edited to add: this instruction includes CCF(RAF)].[/quote]

Judging by the state of our CTT that will be standards going through the floor then…

I think our CTT has actually brought up the standards. I know our new SAAIs are a lot better than the WIs. Have you actually done one of their courses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give them time and they’ll become slack and lazy.

Presumably CTT here means Cadet Training Team not the ACO Central Training Team - how confusing.

Not sure how Brigade can dictate to CCF(RAF)? Don’t we (CCF-RAF) have to follow ACO policy on all things related to shooting (at least for now)? We can’t have two masters on something like this.

The CTT we’re on about is the Cadet Training Team, appointed to support (mainly Army) CCF Contingents.

All I will say is that on my ITC, I noted a fair few errors in the drills of the CTT member who was demonstrating the “correct” drills for a WHT. I’m not saying that is the norm, but I don’t think they should be seen as a gold standard!

You sure? I had it confirmed by my local SATT that shotguns were excluded from this ban as they don’t fall within requirements for SSoT (ie not in PAM21C and therefore under NGB regulation)

:?

I’ve had this confirmed by OCSAT as it is a paid day and NSW shooting is involved, which is why I find it questionable. Wonder where Archery now falls?

I would question that (or get a definitive answer from TG5) as the ban is to do with NSW’s not complying with the SSoT, however CT shooting has no links to the SSoT, it is a NGB award.

I’m interested to know for sure as there is an ACO arranged CT Safety course this weekend… :unsure:

So has the announcement from TG5 been posted anywhere yet, or is the usual slow turning of the wheels. But at least the message didn’t actually say which Monday it was going to happen :stuck_out_tongue:

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(Hang on… we can have a PTD for archery??)

I would suggest clarification is sought on the course, as it stills seems a bit confusing.

We use Archery as part of skills training day or secondary activity on a normal shooting day so can claim pay.