Israel and Gaza 2023

Mass arrests now according to the BBC, I bet the Bronze is looking for award to the 50+ days in court :rofl:

1 Like

Why can I imagine Enoch Braverman coming out in a speech later, claiming this proves that the police treat right wing protests more harshly?

Yep, she will claim double standards, despite one group misbehaving and the other not. She will also take credit for the the Palestinians not running all over the Cenotaph.

Met Police media strategy has been brilliant today.

5 Likes

Yep. I have to admit I was wrong and Sir Mark Rowley, Jonny Mercer, etc, were right. A friend was at the Armistice today and says the only people showing disrespect were the football hooligans. Short of anything going wrong tomorrow, the Commissioner has indeed played a blinder and the Home Secretary’s future is looking less certain.

10 Likes

I can’t begin to express how much it mean to hear you acknowledge that.

2 Likes

Good on you being able to admit your mistakes. It’s an uncommon skill these days.

2 Likes

Sir Mark Rowley has shown me the way to stay true to my classical liberal values whilst still protecting the sanctity of the Armistice, Cenotaph, etc. proper policing ws a much better solution than banning things.

1 Like

Has the PM been watching a different set of protests?

He’s just been watching the events through Toryvision™

1 Like

Well let’s not pretend their weren’t things to condemn at the other protest as well.

Hopefully this one will be identified sooner rather than later and will be joining the list of people charged.

1 Like

I’m not ignoring the bad apples there either. But to pretend that the two are equivalent, which the PM is doing, in terms of scale or impact, is a nonsense.
A few thousand (?) counter protesters, and hundreds engaged in violence and abuse.

Hundreds of thousands of protesters and the met are seeking what, dozens?

Those are poles apart.

1 Like

Indeed - illegal does not always mean immoral…

1 Like

I’ve frequently had Douglas Murray put to me as some sort of truth-speaking middle man with no prior allegiances.

Turns out listening to him talk unguarded for just under two minutes is enough to reveal his true colours.

And if you agree with the first two minutes of this exchange, you are in fact racist. Come up with whatever excuses you like.

1 Like

We have our own ones in Britain like this…

Yep, I don’t need to watch any more than 20 seconds thank you!

Anyone who refers to a group of people like that has some serious issues.

1 Like

You must keep some very strange company. Incidentally, I would place Novara Media In approximately the same place on the opposite side of the spectrum to Douglas Murray.

Exmpa

1 Like

In the sense they’re on the left, sure. I’m not sure what else you might say in that regard.

I keep a rather broad exposure on media sources and find them to be very consistent with how they analyse stuff.

Tory tory vision, tory vision…
Tory tory vision… da da.

Those of us of a certain age will get this if they say it out loud.

3 Likes

“To me, to you, to me, to you” (Tories giving contracts to friends)

1 Like

I see Braverman has been ‘sacked’ in a Cabinet reshuffle.

2 Likes