Is there any requirements to start doing master cadet

I have gotten my Senior Cadet Classification and i would like to start doing my Master cadet. some cadets have told me that i would have to be in the ATC for 3 years minimum i was wondering if this is correct and if there is any other requirements.

thank you

Mandatory requirement is only on age to take the last exam

However your Sqn might have some to ensure you don’t whizz through them all in your first year - there was a couple of problems during Covid where cadets were doing them too quickly. They are designed to span a full cadet career

I know on my Sqn we don’t allow at home studying/exams except in exceptionally circumstances to allow groups of cadets to travel together, and each academic stage takes 12-18 months.

Edit - exception of first class which we have a seperate Intake program for and is 6-9 months depending on what time of year they join.

1 Like

The age limit is to wear the badge (and used to be to claim the BTEC) but no limit for actually taking the exams.

There’s a recommendation iirc of three years before doing it, but…

The policy:

The recommendation is that Leading Cadet should take a minimum of 18 months from when a cadet joins. Whilst the complete Classification Training Syllabus should take about 3 years for a cadet to achieve, with a minimum age of 15 to reach Master Air Cadet, those cadets who are late starters can be exempt from these conditions, on the authority of their OC Wg, or OC CCF Section

Albeit even the policy starts with ‘The recommendation’ so who knows.

1 Like