Is it permitted to wear a white corlene belt (sliders and normal brass clip) for Banner Drill?

Since Remembrance Sunday is looming, I have been scouring this site + AP818 and 1358c for any reference to the type of white belt that Banner Bearers are permitted to wear.

I have seen various YT videos of parades that allow their ATC Banner Bearers to don a simple corlene belt over the jersey, yet can technically find no piece of official guidance on the matter. My Sqn has provided a corlene belt with a silver MOD plate to be worn under the jersey, but I presume this is not allowed due to its nature.

Any official guidance that I can use to support my theory that a plain corlene belt over the jersey is permitted would greatly appreciated!

AP1358C, extract from para 0140

Note: Any other type of authorised RAFAC ceremonial parades must only use the simple brass and sliders [white belt] only through demand for official occasions. See para 0627 for an image of the permitted white belt style.

1 Like

And this ‘through demand’ constitutes being a Banner Bearer, would you say?

Nope, banner bearer at a local level will be Sqn Purchase for the white belt.

That’s great! Thank you very much for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.