Is it open yet?

1 Like

High aspirations then moved to the back burner and finally fell of the cooker.

1 Like

Wonder what happened to the £15 mil?

1 Like

Ive heard that a certain rugby club needed a full renovation and extension.

2 Likes

"The academy, which will be based at RAF Syerston, near Newark, will offer qualifications and training in aviation-related subjects from GCSE up to degree level.

It means 55,000 RAF air cadets, aged between 12 and 19, will soon be able to use the facilities as part of their training.

“This is a landmark moment for the RAF, the RAF Air Cadets and indeed any young person with an interest in aviation.

“We plan to have a number of aerospace academies across the UK and this is just the beginning.

“Our cadets and their supporting staff will benefit massively from the new Aviation Academy and the state-of-the-art facilities on the site.

*"In addition to this brand new education and training facility, as part of the RAF’s centenary plans, we hope to secure funding to build a £2m modular accommodation block at RAF Syerston *

“With the addition of fit-for-purpose accommodation, we would be able to relocate our qualified aerospace instructors’ course to the new facility

“This initiative aligns with the RAF’s intent to use its centenary to inspire the next generation

What could have been!

I heard the pitch needed returfing, the bar area required a redesign and spruce while the changing rooms all deserved a tidy up.lppking a bit tired… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve heard that the Aviation Skills Partnership is no longer in business, I can’t see a website for them on Google at more. They were the major player in this undertaking and without them, the RAF couldn’t do it alone.

Correct. It’s been reborn… Aviation Skills Partnership takes on new Form - Flight Training News

I think I need a new, more anonymous username…

Welcome, rrtommis!

1 Like