Insignia Survey Draft Copy

Draft copy of the Insignia Survey Briefing found in a recent FOI request. The scored out bits give some interesting insight.

This has been available for a while…

I like the fact that the markup is on there “your opinions matter” (no, let’s delete that bit).

2 Likes

That’s got job justification written all over it. What a waste of time, money and effort.

2 Likes

Very telling. We’ve done a survey, but guess what… B*gger off!

1 Like

“A welcome step forward that unites our volunteers” :thinking: “maybe not”…

1 Like

Oh I don’t know, most of the views on the changes seem pretty universal amongst all of the Corps’ volunteers :wink:

1 Like

Although one could imply that the editing suggests some sort of “we don’t care about our volunteers” attitude, if one were so inclined, I’ve got to say that personally I agree with all those edits.

The original draft was badly written, flowery rubbish.
It reads far better without all that superfluous drivel. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The above just confirms to me that the outcome was already decided prior to the survey being sent out. In one of the FOI email trails it was stated that RAF Air Cadets was the preference of the AOC, no surprise that this became the reality.

1 Like

As Marlon Brando famously said in the Godfather.“Im going to make you an offer you cant refuse”.Oh yes the new rank slides are the biggest pile of offal ive ever seen cheap nasty too big .Why didnt they just go the whole hog and put G4S on them.

1 Like

They should sack the person responsible for redacting as they didn’t do a good job, as we can plainly see our thoughts were as valid as a 1970s passport.

Not that I did this one as they didn’t include my preference of Air Training Corps, so I already suspected a stitch up.

Though to be fair, that wasn’t a redacted document.

It might have meant to have been.

Not impossible I’ll grant.
But I believe that if it were intended for redaction before publishing as part of an FoI request then they would have used the standard, usual method of “big black block” redaction.
Given that the poor buggers tasked with responding to all these inane FoI requests do just that all too regularly I can’t imagine that they’d have just got it wrong this time.

I get the impression that this shows us a snapshot of the process of editing the proposed draft statement before release onto Sharepoint.

However when it was something that was so emotive and feeling it was a fait accompli, it doesn’t really help with morale.
Saying we are listening and then do something like this, not right. It’s what I’d expect of politicians not youth organisation’s leaders, when there was no real imperative to go with what they wanted.