Indoor air rifle range hessian/burlap/something else?

The tourniquet thing is very true. It’s silly being required to have a first aid kit with one in it but having no requirement to know how to use it. But we need to be careful what we wish for as the next thing will be that any range requires a first aider who is trained in traumatic bleeding.

For a very short while very recently a specific traumatic injury course (or proof of relevant module on FAAW or other) WAS pushed out (in certain places).

It was subsequently withdrawn as being unsuitable.

Quite why we don’t teach them is beyond me, they are a fantastic bit of kit and I wouldn’t go into the hills without one.

2 Likes

Use of Emergency First Aid at Work First Aid Kits (EFAW FA) for Air Rifle Ranges

Shooting Briefing Note SharePoint link; EFAW FA Kit is perfectly acceptable for Air Rifle ranges only.

An amendment to CT-R will be published in early 22 but the SBN allows implementation now.

This email went to all TSAs/SATTs on 19 Nov and shared via SP to Rgnl ShOs on 22 Nov.

3 Likes

Awesome, so it’s not just LaSER now, it’s everyone. Much better :grin:

Correct. The email is the authority, feel free to PM me if anyone is having difficulty.

That’s great news, I shall let my units OC know.

1 Like

We are in the middle of a sqn building refurb (shock, horror - came out of the blue!) & it has been “strongly suggested” by RFCA that we change our fixed backing board / hessian to a TS25 set-up. This is also supported by the TSA, minimal changes to range orders, etc.

Our current backing board with 3 different heights for pellet catchers supports 3P shooting - I haven’t seen a TS25 close up - is this “height variable” please so 3P can be fired??

Yeah - the bar can be set to 3 different positions.
It’s very easy to move the bar with two people.

1 Like

We have a TS25 and can fire 2P, the range is capable of 3P but the ceiling is too low annoyingly.

1 Like

Correct. Was initially but, happily, it’s now Cadet Forces wide.

We have a 3 Lane TS25 - just had to make sure there was enough space for firers to be 1.5m apart. As has been said, the bar moves easily to adjust height for 3P.

1 Like

The only Bar in RAFAC that is easy to raise and lower as required

thats-funny

6 Likes