Incoming Region Changes - ASTRA

Yes, some. As for following the rules … I’m not suggesting they’re breaking any rules, rather moving around to pick the rules that suit. A bit like being tax ‘efficient’: not illegal but perhaps not in the spirit of things.

I don’t blame anyone for doing it though when I look at the ludicrous rules in place at times.

1 Like

It will also be interesting to see how we expect RHQ staff to do any admin of a CCF as they use Westminster for their activity planning. Are they going to be expected to drop that and use Bader?

Lots of detail missing.

3 Likes

I’m sure there will be a transition document/plan

This, I suspect schools will do this.

Path of least resistance is always taken.

Ahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahaha

Are you new or soemthing?

3 Likes

It’s also not going to be as simple as wings moving into other regions, one wing tends to have multiple RFCA regions within it so can we expect to see units moving around too.

Dare I say would a better change be the dissolving of RHQ as a thing? each RC then becomes responsible for one area, shooting, fieldcraft, infra etc. still gives you a single point of contact for each one but they just have a bigger scope.

RCs were recently given this. However, that doesn’t solve the problem you mention of Wgs being split between RFCAs.

Dear Tony.

Lots of nice words written by committee.
Bonus bingo points for ticking the ASTRA box.
I’m.sure your cbe is in the post.

But unless, you actually DELIVER its worthless pitiful words.

On Sqn I need for my cadets and volunteers.

1. A functioning learning platform.
  2. Better infrastructure and actual money invested in Sqn building.
  3. The promised ‘bonfire of red tape’ to occur.
  4. Less admin at all levels.
  5. Flying and gliding restored. Including acto 35.
  6. Trust Sqn OCs.

There are many many other things.
But if you could deliver on these it would actually help Sqns, rather than, whatever this senior management game of BS bingo is.
At least you are trying to rein in in the CCFs non compliance. Just ensure it’s actually enforced.

P.

8 Likes

I’m still trying to workout out the benefit(s) for the Cadets or what difference they’ll notice. The CCF might see more impact than the ATC but as no one is fully back post C-19 will the “new generation” have enough experience of the old to notice the new…?

Which brings me back to what benefits the Cadets see…limited at best and more of a top level “reshuffle” than anything groundbreaking for the “Cadet experience”

1 Like

A top level reshuffle, if that is all it is, will effect the cadets in the long run. For better or otherwise.

1 Like

Alot of this seems to be in what ISNT being said.

All the talk of RFCA, cost savings etc etc.

I suspect the next 10 years will see MASSIVE numbers of cohabitation agreements with ACF units.

Not even necessarily new builds.

I am also genuinely concerned of the heavy focus on space, air, cyber.

Most I speak to, dont want cyber and space. Cadets DONT want classroom work. They want the flying, shooting, gliding, fieldcraft, night exercises, adv trg, camps, overnight events.

Very very FEW. Want 2 hours of powerpoint or similar, after 8 hours of lessons in school.

This mentality coming from HQAC, misunderstands entirely what cadets want. Or why they stay.

It’s a policy from people who dont see cadets, except at VIP show and tells and have never done a real evenings ‘volunteering’ on Sqn.

Tony. Try rocking up straight from work, 90 min early to catch up on admin, then ensuring a safe and fun evening for 50 cadets for 3 hours. Then staying after to deal with the usual issues. Followed by more admin and hassle.

Only to be told by a poxy C2 that a form needs re-doing or they have lost ONCE AGAIN a DBS or paperwork.

… also why are you taking on safeguarding and inclusion? DELEGATE, OVERSEE.

11 Likes

Also a dumbing down of the syllabus. Blue wings being awarded using a sub standard home set up flight sim….?? It’s just a badge for a badges sake.

The brassards are too busy. Yes, it’s good to recognise achievement - but can we actually achieve something before issuing a badge?

2 Likes

What?
This is news to. Me.
Thought they still had to actually fly in A or G.

Some regions seem to know more about this new course than others. I remember it being mentioned on here a while back (multiple months ago) but have seen nothing since.

@Paracetamol have a read of this if you have not seen it already.

1 Like

The new syllabus; blue is purely synthetic, achievable on squadron with a “sim” - as long as it has pedals and a control column - every cadet can get blue without leaving the ground.

This org is finished.

3 Likes

Completly finished.

2 Likes

So they do need to have A Flight?

:man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: All I know is what’s on the Sharepoint thing. Not seen anything locally.

Not from what I’ve seen.

But some regions are holding back waiting for the change to first class. And others are powering on and rolling out now/over past few months…

Disparity between regions issue again…