If you could redesign the uniform, what would you add to it?

I am not totally-convinced about your Royal Canadian Air Cadets ‘wedge caps’ for Cadets. In my opinion, us British have a better arrangement with berets as headgear for Cadets.

I think Canadian Cadets ^can^ look smart in your tunics. But for less-experienced RCAir Cadets…it sometimes looks a bit…untidy. Needs a lot more effort & upkeep, compared to our super-easy RAF Air Cadets jumpers.

However- I do like the idea of your Cadet medals…maybe it would not work, for us in the UK. But it would give British Cadets something very-special to aim towards. [URL]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Strathcona_Medal[/URL]

It was a little bit of sarcasm. But with some truth added in.

Although they cannot display them all, over the course of 7 years i had a quick work out that a cadet could technically accumulate 56 different badges.

In fact thats not even including classification badges. I took that purely from the Blue PTS pamphlet and times them all by 4.

Surely that’s MTP with light blue cravat, and a blue No1 jacket as appropriate?

1 Like

Let me wear a beret in blues.

5 Likes

aah I’ve been spotted out and about again

1 Like

Issue full MTP PCS.
Allow MTP with jumper or 3a for working dress. Supply MTP waterproofs not Jeltex. Soft shell or fleece optional as private purchase, allow Sqn crest.
No2 for formal wear, Wedgwood tie and jumper, for all
Get rid of No1 for staff and spend the money from Officers’ No1s on the waterproofs.”&2

1 Like

No1s should be allowed to be kept for general use (remembrance parades etc) for former Lord Lieutenant Cadets or other cadets who were eligible in the past for them.
Just saves the 3 sets of cadets No1 SD in stores that can’t be used by any of our cadets as their Lord Lieutenants term is done.
Personally I think No1s should be available to all cadets but I know that won’t happen any time soon with the corps’ existing uniform issues.
If the RMC/SCC can afford No1s for cadets why can’t we??

1 Like

I think somebody on here once proposed wing drill display teams that would wear No. 1s.

1 Like

3 Likes

I love my Squadron Softshell with MTP Trousers, looks the mutts nuts.

4 Likes

Stop it.

Ew, no. Absolutely hate wearing a beret.

1 Like

Allow me to wear my chip hat in greens on barrack days.

3 Likes

I think that some of the posters here should probably have some sort of psychological evaluation.

5 Likes

It’s fair to say anyone who pays on these forums does.

I’m a fan of soft shells.

Scrap working blues. Issue branded navy blue walking trousers and polo with a soft shell (option to switch for Sqn branded). Use Wedgwood for public appearances, inspection, drill competitions, parades, etc only.

I’ll be cowering in the closet under the stairs if you need me.

3 Likes

What’s the grid reference?

I promise it’s not for a TLAM strike. :innocent:

4 Likes

I think I was just sick in my mouth a little with that idea.

2 Likes

And baseball caps.

If I could report this comment purely on your idea, I would! :joy:

1 Like