ID cards for CI's

If everyone was given an official account for “Bader” then yes, but most staff only get them for specific recognised roles, unless the CO gives them an account, which I’ve done.

I agree that all staff should take a responsibility for ‘paperwork’ but when the activity application still requires a tick from the CO, I see little or no point in someone else doing them as I’ve got to log in and do something anyway. I ask staff to do the donkey work, give it to me on a stick or email, I then raise the activity and just tick through and send off for approval. Which is what always happened when we had paper based systems. If individual staff just raised it and the OC got an email saying this has been sent by so and so, that would be fine in my books. It would be an odd sqn if the OC wasn’t aware of what was being planned etc.

So does that mean you always put yourself down as i/c activity, do the i/c approval and OC approval then pass to wing?

All of our staff have SMS accounts (with rights set as needed) as all of our staff may need to check or update details, create or modify activities and so on. This also creates their ultilearn accounts of course.

Yes. Probably not the way it should be done, but when I’ve got to mess around logging in to tick a box on something any way it makes logging in worthwhile.

I fully believe as I say individuals should do it all and all I need as OC is a notification email and all correspondence etc just goes to the person doing the activity. People know they have to tick all boxes and if they don’t it comes back for fiddling. As OC I get the email regardless of who raises the activity if it needs changing. One of my mates a CI has to wait ages for his OC to tick the box on the things he does and he thinks this as well and I fully agree.
There’s probably a reason why some post birth dribble thinks the OC has to mess around ticking it as well, but it’s lost on me.

All of the staff have an SMS account, but it is a pointless thing as they can’t take full personal responsibility for things. No wonder people (including those with proper SMS jobs) get disconcerted when they are treated like 5 year olds.

I don’t know why I have to seek approval for AT things when I’ve got an NGB to do the activity.

Because HQAC and WgAdOs don’t trust anybody and feel the need to micromanage these things, requiring unnecessary reporting of changes, approving on the basis of listed staff and so forth. Empowerment of staff, especially those actually qualified, is anathema to them.

The organisation is risk-averse.

It was a rhetorical remark.

In remember when we were told that people with NGB qualifications would still need to get approval from Wing or Region when we’d been told this wasn’t going to be the case.

The AdO when it first came out said is was rubbish and devalued people’s qualifications, but the idiots up the chain weren’t able to cut the apron strings. He was no fan of HQAC and their interference.

Now we have training safety officers who can stick their noses in without knowing the first thing about anything, except how to tick boxes.

1 Like

Teflon,

Dangerous thoughts! Next you’ll be telling me the BGA is the NGB for gliding…