IBN 049 - Revision to the Royal Air Force Air Cadets' Hair Policy

Yeah, that’s them!

1 Like

You still see it on the RAF pages of the “Where’s his shaving chit!”

Even though we’ve had beards for years now. It’s always from the old and bold on FB.

Definitely…right from the top to the bottom with any cascading through the CoC

I did smile at “with immediate effect” as if tonight males can now wear their hair differently!

5 Likes

I’m straight down the salon for my extensions.

Between the long hair, beard trimming and beret to remould, prepping blues is quite the mission!

3 Likes

Wait, do you mean I can’t grow my hair for tonight?? :wink::joy:

1 Like

Where there’s a will there’s a way

1 Like

Already kick off on the “You know you’ve been…” Facebook group.

1 Like

I was just watching that. Although the person that posted was clearly not with the times at all, I was very happy to see the responses in the comments. Almost exclusively people disagreeing with them.

Looks like the post has now gone.

And then it was gone. Boo!!!

2 Likes

Miss all the drama!

Initially locked for comments :roll_eyes:

Just as I was getting my popcorn ready :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@AlexCorbin How’s the heart going after reading the IBN? Still OK? Don’t need a defib yet…? :wink:

1 Like

Don’t worry I’m down with the kids and fine with this! #NotADinosaur

2 Likes

Alex is ready and has his pony tail standing by for new post tomorrow

Embracing my inner pat sharp!

1 Like

Oh look Rodney, it’s that rat you killed earlier…

4 Likes

Hair today, gone tomorrow (sorry)

1 Like

Not surprised and even less bothered. Can’t see it will make much difference overall, given how long it can take for hair to grow. Like so many things hair length/style make no difference to the actual person.
We had a lad join in the mid 00s who came to the intake night sporting an impressive man of jet black hair, told it had to go if he joined. He seemed pretty gormless on the intake and even with short hair, it made no difference.
Over the years hair length and style has been a problem in the Air Cadets as fashions/trends come and go and cadets try and get around the rules.

I find it slightly odd that I can have a full beard but if I’m clean shaven I have to trim my ‘burns at the mid-ear line.