I figured out how we can simplify uniform issue

Modern day battledress.

MTP PCS, worn with a wedgewood shirt and tie under it instead of a t-shirt for ceremonial occasions.

(This isn’t meant to be serious, just a funny idea I had reading through old MTP threads.)

1 Like

Cheers Tam

2 Likes

I remember parading in olive green trousers and working blue shirt for all activities, including remembrance day. If it was cold we put a DPM smock over it. (not CS95). Th

1 Like

I remember doing activities wearing lightweights and working blue too, I’m concerned im showing my age now lol

3 Likes

In my Air Force days shirt and tie under greens was the mode of dress even when in NBC! Used to make a right mess of your shirt with all that charcoal.

1 Like

Me too lol

No-one ever said life was easy in the Womens Auxiliary Balloon Corps!! :rofl::rofl:

Were you in when Centurion was a rank, not a tank?

2 Likes

Uniform issue could be simplified if they got into modern technology, I don’t know like email or like an online shopping set up and utilised one of the thousands of “white van” delivery companies to deliver it. Rather than send in a form, phone up, arrange a collection, sod around taking a day off work. Mind you this is if they’ve been able to fill the order, because some gnome has managed to balls up a contract.

1 Like

Everything we do in this organisation would be simpler if we adopted even a mid-noughties attitude to electronic working.

6 Likes

Problem being it’s not just the ATC it’s the bloody RAF and poxy MOD for all the high tech ways of looking for and killing people, still seems to be a quill and parchment operation. Unless it comes to sending out the latest policy which seems to be done on phones/pads via SM.
As for delivering things, we were musing at work that in just the last 10 years things that when ordered would take 1-2 weeks to get to you, now unless a lead time is specified it’s days if not hours, given the proliferation of delivery firms and one man operations.
It’s only been in the last couple of years I’ve been able to scan and email inventory things, prior to that it was print sign and put in an envelope. Mind you it must cost more in CS time to process ATC squadron inventories and update records, than their entire worth.