HSEP Form 008 missing

I have just been onto SharePoint to down load a accident reporting form. There is was, gone. HSEP Form 007 was there. HSEP Form 009 was there but 008 was missing.

After a short search it was found it is now called HSEP Form 492.

On a serious note, this like this need to be shared to the masses. ACP 5 still refers to HSEP Form 008 only form 008 does not exist any more. I only know what a 492 is because I have been around the block a few times. Things like this need to be correct. Wasted 10 minutes of my life looking for something that should have been easy to find. The ACP should be correct, changes should be advertised. This is why people hate SharePoint.

1 Like

I would add that it should never have been renamed from 492

Try looking for AP1919 - which is referenced across all sorts of documents, yet has entirely vanished from SharePoint!

(which, given it used to be accepted as our constitution, makes bid writing rather challenging!)

Is it any different from a MoD F492?

No DG just renamed HSE Form 008 it to make everything simple and easy to find.

But is HSE Form 008 a MoD F492?

I think we all know the answer to that.

1 Like

Wow!! How to please all the bureaucrats!! And confuse everyone else!!!:man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Or did they just rename it back? 492s have been around for many many years and it looks like the HSEP Form 008 is just someone slapping their own name on it as a header.

I would guess that someone came up with the idea of adopting it into our own numerical system so that everything was “logically” named in line with our protocol.

I dread to think how many people came unstuck looking for “F492” instead of “HSEP 008”, since that’s what everyone I know has always called it.

Our H&S dept at Cranwell have so little to do, because amazingly ATC squadrons are effectively just office environments and the ATC isn’t that dangerous, they have to reinvent wheels and trot out crap, to justify their existence and salaries.
Renaming a form will have been the highlight of the week and all fighting over who clicks “save”. They will then run to CAC saying look what we’ve done aren’t we clever, do we get an award for this. Then chastise anyone who uses the old form, despite the info etc being exactly the same. When I had the last H&S inspection, I got told off because I’d been using old forns, yet there was no difference between them other than a slightly different header part and version number, I said this to the automaton that masquerades as a H&S officer, which didn’t go down well. I copied and pasted and when they came back it was all wonderful. What a complete and utter waste of time.

I’ve copy and pasted the headers for the new risk assessment form onto old forms and made a minor change to the signature section plus some minor table formatting.

The actual risk assessment process and recording was almost identical to what we were already using.