HQAC reading ACC

Just curious, I often wonder if HQAC read what we put on here, they say they want to know what we think and feel. Well there would be no better place than to start here. Any thoughts.

Haven’t some people had their collars felt in the past?

Not by HQAC, their meddlign chain of command have pulled people in, but that was years ago. Occaisionally HQAC come on here, but nothing happens these days so i doubt it’s the hotbed of intelligence it once used to be.

Shame really as HQAC profess to want to know what we think or feel. What better place to find out than here where there is a degree of anonymity.

This site isn’t representative of the ACO. It has a slack handful of (mainly) pessimists and ex staff who pretend to be staff because they haven’t got anything better to do.

Says the corporate lapdog…

There are plenty of current staff here and plenty of people with a wealth of experience. You are more likely to get a detailed and thoughtful analysis of a situation here that you will by going through official channels or relying on the chain of command to pass information up and down unfiltered.

The worry is that the truly representative forum for cadets is probably the Facebook group “You know you’ve been an Air Cadet too long when…” which more often than not just needs to have its collective heads knocked together!

Detailed and thoughtful analysis? I doubt that! The people who post utter tripe on here (present company excepted) can’t even spell SWOT analysis let alone know what is or how to conduct one using qualitative and quantative measures.

Bit of a generalisation to say most people on here are bitter twisted and cynical ex staff with an axe to grind. Would u say that about arrse or egoat?

I know what SWOT is and am not afraid to use it along with a nice cone of plausibility.

As with most things, the 68 percentile, middle ground, will tend to be silent and in the main it’s only those who have strong opinions either way who can be bothered to comment on sites such as this.

The are some on here who appear to me to be the voice of reason, others who just take a stance against the establishment, but everyone’s opinion should be heard. But it would be nice if someone in HQAC is charged with viewing this site, egoat and pprune as they give a flavour of what’s on people’s minds.

There used to be a time when cadets would frequent this board, however now that appears to be few and far between. Not sure why, maybe the rise of Facebook?

Couldn’t give a toss about HQAC reading ACC, although I’m not affiliated with the ACO or any cadet forces. That said, if they decided I was a good egg it’d be awful nice of them to pop down the road and tell OASC to give me a job.

…No?

[quote=“Stand Out” post=23782]There used to be a time when cadets would frequent this board, however now that appears to be few and far between. Not sure why, maybe the rise of Facebook?
[/quote]

the Facebook page “you know you’ve been an air cadet too long when…” now is an easy platform for the Cadets to use.

they don’t need a new log in, they get notifications to questions asked, and is more flexible for the mobile device technology than a forum board

ATF read it quite often. I had a chat with the FS about it when I was at OIC. (He named 3 of us on our OIC by our usernames. One stopped posting soon after, and another has left the organisation for the regulars.)

I know that the former Wg Cdr Training had an account at one point.

I think our priority on the $#!+ list has dropped quite considerably since the infamous Facebook gained traction. I can’t stand that page. the uniform debates alone make even our oldest and worst debates (pre-1358C days) look like a gentleman’s discourse over a quiet glass port in comparison. (Which is even more maddening in the post-1358C days when nearly all the answers are actually written down, not like the old days when you had to guess the answer by looking at the way the wind was blowing in relation to Venus’s position in the sky.)

They may read it, but I very much doubt they would act on the opinions and views.

The major problem is that unlike the real armed forces or the corporate environment, the people we have running the Corps have little or no idea about the reality of the role we perform, time constraints and the problems that just trying to do all the things we are asked to do can bring. Yes I know we volunteer to do it and the door’s there, but we are not inundated with new staff. In our sector we have only had 5 new staff (from 11) across the 7 sqns who have not been cadets, start in the last 4 years, of those 3 are parents and the other 2 apparently got chatting to someone at a fete. When you look at the other 6 (of which I have 2) they all work silly hours and mostly do one night a week with any degree of certaintly and due to the jobs that they have weekend work is the norm at the moment.
At work now 85% of our senior management who sit in head office have a good idea about the business they are repsonsible for, because either they have all done a job and worked their way up or worked up through the business as part of a graduate programme. Compare that to those at HQAC. At best they may have been a SI or an ACLO in their junior days. But not running / managing an ATC squadron in any capacity.

Do they really, or, want to, understand the effect the policies have on all people at squadron level unfortunately I doubt it. I could be losing some committee members over the new trustee status they have to sign up to, as they don’t trust anyone that they might not be held liable for any problems. So that’s going to be fun if they go. I fully understand we don’t know the ins and outs, but a bit of what I’ve grown up knowing at sanity checking wouldn’t go amiss. We have been consulted more at work on some things and had amemdments made to make them more workable.

Anyone remember the day Mitch popped up in a thread?

Biggest mistake of his life :wink:

He posted a few times I think. Unfortunately the then OC ATF was so anti-us I imagine he had a very one way conversation!

ATF read it quite often. I had a chat with the FS about it when I was at OIC. (He named 3 of us on our OIC by our usernames. One stopped posting soon after, and another has left the organisation for the regulars.)

I know that the former Wg Cdr Training had an account at one point.

I think our priority on the $#!+ list has dropped quite considerably since the infamous Facebook gained traction. I can’t stand that page. the uniform debates alone make even our oldest and worst debates (pre-1358C days) look like a gentleman’s discourse over a quiet glass port in comparison. (Which is even more maddening in the post-1358C days when nearly all the answers are actually written down, not like the old days when you had to guess the answer by looking at the way the wind was blowing in relation to Venus’s position in the sky.)[/quote]

I miss those days… When Dress Regs was a ‘Humanties’ topic: A cross between history and philosophy.

:wink:

I’d say it was a bit like being an Imam or a Rabbi - anyone could read the book but the amount of interpretation in the scripture led to a sort of council of elders, where a disagreement could lead to some schisms.

:slight_smile: