How to impress staff?

A few days ago at my sqn it was hinted that the two of us most eligible for Cpl should try and impress the most we can to get promoted. The problem for me is I think there is only one Cpl space and two of us.

So how do I impress the staff (CO) more than the other. It sounds bad but really I want to be the best cadet I can be. We have done almost the same stuff in cadets except he’s been on about 3 camps and i’ve not been on any (which I want to do :stuck_out_tongue:)

This is why I disagree with having rank establishments for cadets. For most ranks it is unnecessary.

To answer your question though, as a corporal you are a junior NCO. You aren’t necessary expected to take control of the whole unit, but you should be setting the right example for the junior cadets and show that you could potentially handle more responsibility. The first thing is to make sure that your uniform and general turnout is excellent. Also, take the time to help the newer cadets with aspects of their own uniform if they are struggling. Make sure you attend as many events with your unit as you can, and not just those you think will be the most fun. When putting your name down for activities, make sure you do it promptly and not at the last minute, and the same goes with any required payments. Don’t let staff have to chase you for anything. Any kit borrowed for an event must be returned as soon as possible afterwards. All of these are minor but will add up.

1 Like

So what is this NCO Apprentice/Bake Off etc.

If you have been doing enough to be recognised as to be promotable, they should promote you.

I’ve got more NCOs than the establishment says I should, but so what. The pillock who came up with notion of establishments for squadrons for anything obviously never operated as we do.

1 Like