How to apply for parachuting?

I’ve searched for quite a while and asked many people but I’ve found no way to apply for a parachuting course.
Any Help?

Follow the instructions in the calling notice when the calling notice is issued to units.

2 Likes

There’s some initial information and where to find further details in this thread:

1 Like

Thank you

What?

How are units decided? There aren’t really any skydiving centres or RAF Bases in my wing so, is skydiving dependant on being luckily located?

Maybe someone will know more, but I expect that applications after being taken nationally are then sifted centrally. If you get a place then it’s likely that you have to get yourself there, although you should be able to claim a rail warrant to cover the travel costs.

Parachuting only takes place at Weston on the green or netheravon. These are the only 2 places that can award the badge.

Each year the 2 centres say here are the cadet weeks.

Then they can be applied for through defence gateway.

Where can I see the ad for this? Also would I have to apply through my OC or directly to whoever needs the applications?

How do I gain access to the defence gateway?

The Wexo

Wexo??

Wing Executive Officer

The full time member of Staff who looks after your Wing.

in short - speak to Squadron Staff, who will pass on any interest/application to the WExO

I have not seen a parachuting course announcement in the last two to three years at least.

There was one on our notice board when I joined the squadron back in the summer.

I had two cadets do the Weston on the Green course in the early 00s, went on a Sunday IIRC and both finished by the Weds, which took the parents a bit by surprise as it was supposed to be a week long. So if you do go, just be aware.