How receive an award on parade?

So, I’m new to the ATC and I am getting my 1st class soon, so, I want to know how do you receive and award on parade. I’m new so please don’t beat me up with the replies lol

You should have been taught how to fall yourself out and march etc during your 1st Class training, if not I would ask one of your Cadet NCOs to give you a lesson before you pass out.

Once your name is called out, come to attention, fall yourself out (right incline) and then walk to the end of your row and then begin marching to the Officer/NCO presenting the badges and certificates. Once you are in front of them, halt (right foot stomp) and then salute (if an Officer), arm goes long way up, short way down. Shake with the right hand and receive your certificate etc with your left hand. Salute again (if an officer) and then march yourself back to your original position within your squad.

Hope this was clear. :slight_smile: Congratulations on completing First Class Cadet training! First step into a truly amazing organisation.

1 Like

Um, Ok? I will try that, I haven’t got it yet :confused:

To be honest, this is a question best asked at your unit as

(a) Local considerations such as the size and shape of the parade area may mean that local practice is slightly different

(b) If you don’t know how to do it, then other people getting their award probably don’t and might benefit from the answer too!