How many people have the different shooting badges?

CCF section we’re having to it purchase the badge rather than order them from service sources. As such the comment that the badges are very hard to obtain may be more to do with badge themselves than the standard to be reached.

1 Like

Why shouldn’t the CCF get them from service sources - surely they are MOD sponsored ??

Not scaled for them similar to ATC with MTP.

Also where all the ATC Sqns had someone at wing with a stock - CCF use to have two people at cranwell so a lot harder to obtain.

I believe that’s wrong - the issue is that badges are funded from the ATC GPF not public funds. Similar issues are arising with other PTS badges too.

1 Like

My old TEST Sgt had a mini badge store in his boot. No questions were ever asked where they came from.

1 Like

The old system worked but I don’t know how it was funded; but TEST SNCOs telling me recently they aren’t sure what happens next.

1 Like

I believe all the TEST officers were issued a shed load of badges back in 2019/2020 I appreciate that is 3 years ago. I have spoken to a TEST Sgt not to long ago who is getting a fresh batch of badges for cadets who have recently obtained trained shot on AR.