HMS Bristol

Have to say I took Portsmouth off the camp programme for Odiham in 2018 (with the ACLO’s agreement), as it has become very expensive for cadets and it’s not flying related… we went to Hendon instead which is, of course, free.

We still send our RN cadets there but a. they are RN and b. we can afford it. I didn’t think billing it back to cadets from state schools was fair.

We managed to get a discount, and a number of people in for free so when it was parcelled put between the cadets and rolled into the camp fee it wasn’t too bad.

To be fair everything we did in Portsmouth, other than the museum, was free. If I’d planned more paid activities maybe I would have removed it.

The dockyard will offer a youth group discount. Book in advance and collect tickets on the day.
They’ll also sort your minibus parking ticket.

A ticket for any three attractions will cost about £15 per person. They will grant free entry to supervisory staff at a ratio of 1:8 (from memory) and anyone with a MOD 90 gets in free anyway. The free supervisors entry can then cover your CIs or uniformed staff who’ve yet to get their MOD 90.

Still a lot on the cost of the average £50-60 camp

Yes, it is.