HMS Bristol

Yes, I’ve always thought it slightly concerning that they’ve had cause to point that out…

1 Like

Sorry to dredge this up again, but can someone send me the details I need to book (and any other things you think may be useful).

Pretty please with a cherry on top…

Same here please. Looks to be a very useful asset

PMs sent to @pEp & @Tornado

Me to, look like Bristol will be busy.

This is the joining information booklet which might contain useful information! You get given a copy when you book in on board, but some of it might be good to know in advance.

As I’m SCC, we use the Bristol regularly and I’ve run Unit camps using her for accommodation for the last couple of years.

Any questions and I’ll do my best to help.

2 Likes

That’s amazing thanks!

I’ve used HMS Bristol a few times mainly just as accommodation while we do cultural stuff. Would be interesting to hear what activities are available for cadets down that way, especially if you have any Navy contacts that could get us into things like the Damage control/flooding compartment that they have down there?

Hi I realise this post is old. Has anyone got any up to date contact details for hms Bristol?

Tia

Only if you are taking more than 30 cdts

Now, I’ll grant that I’ve never taken more than 30 cadets on board, but since everything should be going through SMS for approval I’d be surprised if there’s a particular need to submit a specific form to RHQ.

Apparently not the case in my region. This trip turned into an absolute administrative nightmare in the end.

RHQ were not happy we were travelling so far when there were similar facilities and activities nearby. :roll_eyes:

Do they have an HMS Victory near you as well then :thinking:

My point exactly - not many naval dockyards around here either last time I checked.

What’s it got to do with them?

WHQ had to pass it to RHQ to be authorised - they then tried to force me to cancel it.

I get the feeling this is a Region making up its own rules again as pretty much all weekend Camps should come under Wing!

probably travel costs??

Yes, essentially it wasn’t deemed value for money so we had to finance everything privately… oh well. The cadets had a great time.

Hold on! When has that been allowed!

Not everything the Cadets do is about getting a certificate, or some qualification, or some course that someone somewhere has wangled some money from somewhere for.

I personally feel we need to have more activities exactly like this. I reckon if we did Cadet, and Staff numbers would go up.

3 Likes