HM King Charles III - Coronation Medal

I beg to differ. Mike Tindall has never had a uniform but was awarded Jubilee medals for service to the Royal Household

2 Likes

Different rules apply to the Royal Household than to everyone else.

It’s like asking why do Ambulance Service staff get them but Nurses don’t? It’s just the way of things and is quite frankly tough luck.

3 Likes

Pretty much this. I don’t exactly agree with it, but it is what it is.

1 Like

Aren’t his for servicing a member of the Royal Household?

1 Like

Friend of mine as a civilian NHS nurse did one of the Herrick tours at Bastion and received a campaign medal.

Am I right in thinking civilian contractors of varying professions qualified for it because it was simply an active warzone, such as engineers etc?

1 Like

As above but it’s then down to each organisation on how to mark/recognise those who for want of a uniform would have qualified.

Sea Cadets for QPJM sent formal certificate of recognition. Many police forces have their police staff coon versions of the medal (specifically the metal part of the medal without the ribbon).

If the air cadets were organised & thought ahead they could do something to recognise those in equivalent roles not technically eligible for the coronation medal.

I think there’s a wider conversation to be had around recognising the contribution of volunteers within the organisation in general, outside of issuing medals.

But that would be quite a long chat…

1 Like

Yes.

Some pers got the reconstruction medal which was slightly different.

There was a show on about 10ys ago now about Brize and they covered a repatriation ceremony. Undertakers have an interview and apparently they had medalic recognition.

2 Likes

Certainly do! If they are civilians working in support of the military operation then they qualify. Civil Service or Contractors, all eligible.

2 Likes

The DIN is out. One of my SIs has seen it work today. Didn’t have their MOD Laptop with them tonight so couldn’t send it through, but it is out.

Anyone have access??

It’s not on defence connect yet…

1 Like

DIN wasn’t uploaded when I left work at 1730.

Laptops in work so I’ll have a look Monday.

1 Like

DIN is not out.
Its not on modnet, defnet or anynet.

1 Like

Imagine a world where we just wait for HQ to send comms about it rather than desperately chase every glimmer of a medal.

I assume all here who want the medal, regularly nominate staff for honours and awards so they are recognised for their time and effort.

14 Likes

Used to a lot more.
Some what given up a bit of late.
Very little chance of honor being awarded.

8 Likes

Thanks. We do have a uniform of sorts. Its our blue t shirts and dark blue sweatshirts. Maybe a blazer.
At least they could give us long service recognition pin badges. Like others services. Like Lions clubs etc.
I would still like something, maybe

4 Likes

Absolutely :100:
Sometimes it make you feel - Worthless! But the Air cadets would not be able to carry on without CIs.

2 Likes

There always has been a very small chance of getting anything, but that shouldn’t deter us from trying

Are you looking at BEM / MBE / OBE level?

What about RC / Comdt / LL recognition as well as AOC + internal RAF.

It doesn’t have to be something you wear.

1 Like