Hello from the South West!

Hello all!

I’m a cadet from the SW Region hoping to learn a bit more about stuff in general about cadets. Ironically, I’m the local train nerd, despite being in the air cadets. Will warn in advance that it’s been a while since I’ve used a forum, so give me a moment to acclimatise :laughing:

2 Likes

Welcome.

Remember, everyone is a spotter. It’s just not always trains.

5 Likes

@vulpinecraft

Welcome. Mostly a plane nerd myself, but also love a good loco. Happens from growing up near a railway line.

Also a model railway builder… when i find time…

1 Like

Welcome! Don’t worry you’re not alone - also a fellow train nerd here :wave:

1 Like

I never got into trains. Pre-planes I was a bird nerd though.

And welcome etc.

4 Likes

And now your a boat nerd

1 Like

Welcome. I have no strong feelings on trains, but very strong feelings on train companies (which would get me banned if I aired them here).
I hope you find the forum helpful. We can be a grumpy bunch at times, but are all here to give back to cadets

Bet you love swanage then!

Never been…

You should!

North Yorkshire Moors railway is great too

1 Like

Always up for railway suggestions!

Went to the Didcot Railway centre a few weeks ago. The lad is absolutely beside himself every time he sees a train. We’ve also booked onto the Christmas trains at the Eastleigh Lakeside railway.

And welcome to the Forum :joy::joy:

1 Like

Have you taken him down to the Bluebell Railway yet? That’s always quite nice!

Yeah. Both grand parents have taken him there, he had a day there when the Flying Scotsman came through a couple of months ago.

It turns out, apparently I had a borderline obsessive personality regarding trains at his age and did the same thing to my parents… So what comes around comes around I guess :joy::joy:

Watercress line isnt a million miles away

Can recommend.

Did some of the santa events there last year, and been to some Thomas days there.

Yeah, one of my old Chiefs volunteers there. (men will literally rebuilt and operate a steam locomotive for free in their spare time rather than go to therapy).

Unfortunately the prices for watercress are a little high.

1 Like

Bottom of my garden…

5 Likes