Heartstart badge not fitting

Hi,

When measured out, my heartstart badge physically won’t fit on my brassard! It overlaps with my trained shot badge.

Does anybody know anything about this?

TIA

Some of the brassards issued aren’t standard size (manufacturing error) so badges wont fit exactly according to measurements in ACP1358. You just need to do best approximation.

Also, assume you mean Blue SJA Essential First Aid badge, we no longer deliver the BHF HeartStart course so the HeartStart badge shouldn’t be issued or worn.

MB

2 Likes

No, it is heartstart. Just got it

HeartStart badges shouldn’t have been issued post September 2021, only those who completed the old course prior to that date are permitted to continue wearing the badge until the qualification expires (3 years). Shouldn’t be any HeartStart badges on uniforms at all after Sept 2024. We certainly no longer have permission to run HeartStart courses as an organisation so your unit shouldn’t be using any BHF branded resources or issuing BHF certificates - should all be SJA EFA now. Perhaps they are trying to use up old badge stock.

MB

2 Likes

I think it is the latter suggestion - I knew that it is now EFA, but this is just what we were all given

It will be this. I felt awful getting rid of the ones we had in stock. Over a hundred that we bought ready to run a course for the contingent. Arrived the day before the Stop announcement

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.