Have we formally become the RAF Air Cadets?

What he said!

It’s not a change of organisation. The ATC is still a thing. The CCF is still a thing. All its doing is referring to air cadets what we’ve always been referred to as.

Other than within our organisation, nobody cares that we’re ATC cadets of CCF (RAF) cadets. Any member of the public and I dare say even the RAF will only recognise us as Air/RAF cadets.

1 Like

But are we? When you look at any official media there is no mention of either organisation, just RAFAC.
My point is that why is there so much prevarication and confusion. Make us all, Staff and Cadets, RAFAC! If you are looking for a significant date to do it there is one available on the 1st April 2018!!!

The only change is that the term ACO has been replaced by RAFAC and there has been a badly explained and delivered re-branding exercise. The ATC and CCF(RAF) remain as the actual delivery organisations/formations.

The only confusion is people not listening to/reading the poor information which has been released… This is not helped by the numpties in HQAC media getting it WRONG.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say that the ACO-RAFAC thing is the only change; there seems to be a big push to use RAFAC as the main ‘external’ brand.

2 Likes

Everything - absolutely everything - coming out of HQAC is explicitly branded RAFAC - as an outsider, it’s clear that the ATC / CCF(RAF) no longer exist for all intents and purposes. I don’t think that the numpties in media are getting it wrong, they’re doing it on purpose they mean to be doing it.

They just haven’t officially told you they’ve completely rebranded yet. Give it a few years.

is it too soon to make jokey comments about HQAC’s media people?

1 Like

Exactly!! James you have hit the nail on the head!!
Can we have some Leadership in this area, make the decision formally and implement it fully, rather than via letterheads and Social Media!

Only this area???

5 Likes

Good point, well made!:grin:

I take the p out of them to their faces…

1 Like

Formal communication received from Regional HQ reminding us that we are ATC and that RAFAC should only be used in terms of the overall organisation covering ATC and CCF RAF. Was prompted due to a lot of squadron/wings’ social media presence referring to RAFAC not ATC, apparently.

2 Likes

So they should of stuff to rank slides of ATC

No, as Officers serve in both the ATC and CCF (RAF) there may also be a move to introduce SNCOs into the CCF as well…

1 Like

Whilst I agree with a single badge for both I note that the ACF and CCF (Army) quite happily have different rank slides.

The whole thing could of been better thought out.yes we all come under the RAFAC banner but ATC wear the ATC badge and CCF wear the RAF one I understand that’s nearly as confusing for the public as ATC Vs VRT mess

There is no public ATC v VRT “mess” it’s a make believe issue to get what the Commandant wants. A pointless rebadge Exercise to make the Adminer happy!

3 Likes

It’s not a mess at all; it’s a complete cluster…

1 Like

Indeed, and my preferred choice for the new slides would have been “ATC” and “CCF”.

The only real issue I can see is the need to make lots of different other slides, such as “VGS” (and “AEF”?)

I think it is a mess how could you justify half of your staff wearing ATC the other VRT the change to one is long over due but it’s still a mess. If I understand correctly cadets on the ATC wear ATC badge while CCF cadets wear RAF ones yet all are cadets belonging belonging to RAFAC

The problem with the cap badge issue is there is no RAFAC cap badge for the CCF(RAF) to wear - and we have no desire either to wear the ATC one (which would be wrong) or try to get you to give up yours (which would be wrong-er). Interestingly the RN has just abolished the CCF(RN) cap badge (which was basically the SCC one with different words) and moved CCF(RN) cadets to RN badges.

Yes, there is now the opportunity for CCF(Army) adult NCOs; but the RAF is currently ‘not minded to follow this example’ (while watching developments to see how it pans out for them). Of course there are RAF badged SSIs, usually ex-regulars.

1 Like