Haircut?

@bob that’s exactly what I mean though. If there are valid reasons then I definitely believe the individual should be allowed long hair.

as to this, I think I phrased what I meant wrong. What I mean is if you’re at a major parade or event, and during an inspection of some sort, a high rank comes and asks you why your cadets aren’t of high standards, then isn’t the appropriate time to discuss whether it’s fair or not. In a private conversation then definitely.
I just believe that if we have an issue with something we should actually do something about it and reach out to get the rules changed. Because in all honesty I agree with you all that it’s rather unfair, but unless we all start emailing in the mass not much is going to get changed.

(Excuse the delay in the reply, I’ve only recently made an account and there’s a limit to how much I can post)

1 Like

A valid reason like you think it might be against the law?

1 Like

No I was talking about a medical practitioners point of view,

I fully agree with that, and if there are valid reasons that a cadet should have long hair present, then there’s no issue as to why not, but if they are doing it just for reasons of fashion, then in accordance with current rules the appropriate course of action should be taken

I never said it’s illegal for a cadet to have unpresentable hair, it’s whether we want it as part of our squadron in uniform

Go back and read the thread again. You missed the point.

1 Like

Wrong way around. Long hair (on some people) is against our club rules. There is a fairly sound argument that our club rules might be against the law.

1 Like

ah right, putting it this way makes much more sense

Before you recommend such things, I would advise you look at ACP20 and go to Personnel Instruction 501. If you are interested in following the organisation’s rules, this covers the penalties squadrons have at their disposal for dealing with disciplinary issues. I would suggest your advice falls outside what is allowed. If a cadet or parent were to make a complaint, you wouldn’t have much backing and could easily find yourself up against allegations of bullying etc.
Also you may possibly have described your OC as flouting due process for binning cadets on disciplinary grounds. Again, keep reading through 501 and it describes the process, including Region and HQAC involvement.

23 posts were merged into an existing topic: Lgbt

Transfer to the local Scout Troop?

Thread split. Not ideal I know but go with it.

An update.

Cadet in question has represented the Sqn and the Wing at athletics, and after a brief about what to say if questioned about hair, he came back both times with nothing to report.

So either anyone who saw it and disliked it was too worried about repercussions to say anything, or nobody cares.

2 Likes