Green belt HELP

I’ve just got a green belt of eBay as my sqn dont issue them/have none
I can buckle it but how do make it a belt

i’ll do this as a step by step guide that i hope you can follow, it may seem a lot of steps but only because im struggling to put it into words, it is simple in practice.

1. hold the belt out in front of you to make a C shape, as if it were being worn
  2. on the left side, slide on the flat black loop and then the female clip (right side in photo) so that the small clip part faces outwards
  3. fold the fabric of the belt inwards and feed the excess back through the flat black ring thingy
  4. repeat step 2 for the right side, with the male clip once again the small hook part pointing out,
  5. fold belt inwards and secure excess by feeding into the black ring.

Hope this makes sense

2 Likes

To add an image in support of this, this is the best one I can find quickly which shows the end result you’re aiming for:

A couple of addictions though - the first is key, the third can help prevent it falling apart and losing bits, the rest you can consider optional.:

1. Take a lighter and burn the ends to prevent fraying (I would suggest retrimming that rougher end that you have with some beefy scissors first.

Be careful because it will melt and can drip flaming hot plastic.

1. When you have it made up, even the two loose ends so they are equal lengths. If when the belt is on and correctly sized for your waist these ends are extending past 3 and 9 o clock on your hips (with the buckle being at 12}, trim and reburn the end.

This is technically still more excess material than you need, but will give some growing room if you need it.

1. When sized, wrap a cloth around the solid loops and give a small crimp with a pair of pliers - not so much you’re squeezing hard, but enough to cause the loop to grip the material more tightly.

2. Use a weight or pliers to crease the material where it folds around the buckle halves.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.