GRA for Remembrance Parade

Hey there!

Just wondering, does anyone have a generic risk assessment for remembrance parades? (or public parades in general) - specifically in the new format…

It seems mad that we’d all need to do the same job for each parade happening around the country.

Any help would be much appreciated. :slight_smile:

I mean it’s mad that we all do separate RAs for similar events from the ground up anyway. Complete burden on volunteers and waste of voluntary time. There should be a standard set of GRAs for all activities that we do that we can then use as a basis to produce a specific RA that suits what we are doing. I fully appreciate us not all using generic RAs as there are always some minor differences. But there’s no need for each squadron to be producing them starting from nothing.

As for a parade RA on the new format, can’t help you there I’m afraid, just wanted to vent a bit.

4 Likes

Why not just use the generic Drill / Parade assessment and then add in any extra parts specific to the locality?

Someone send their RA to the safety centre for adding to the generic risk assessment library:

https://rafac.sharepoint.com/sites/interim/QM/Controlled%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?viewid=8deb7817-6360-441c-af23-beb93f971bcd

I’ve used the “GRA Drill” template as a starter before, but I can’t find it again now and if I recall correctly it was in the old format.

If I can find that again I’ll update it with some COVID stuff and submit it to the Safety Centre as suggested. :+1: (unless anyone beats me to it. fingers crossed for that.)