GPJ and NCOs

Basically GPJ’s gives people a morale boost! i dont know why haha…

And I mean GPJ could be usefull for cadets to travel in when coming to the sqn or to activities…I dont understand why other CFAV say wear a crisp packet (jeltex) when travelling up to the sqn…

To be fair i wouldnt want to walk to the sqn on a normal evening if its not raining in a noisy massive bag! its just best if cadets are allowed to wear GPJ’s

why should a cash strapped MOD/RAF/HQAC pay to issue every cadet and staff member a jacket to wear walking to and from a parade night? Most staff I know very rarely wear them on parade nights as the building generally has heating and can wear a jumper if required. The only time I have seen staff wearing it regularly is on camps but tbh the jersey has been ok for cadets. As a pongo we have recently been issued barrack dress (our version of your 2’s) and we do not have a GPJ or even a plain waterproof! I have to wear a jumper or MTP goretex/smock that’s it but generally the jumper is more then enough!

I think you have misunderstood me or I havnt stated…

I dont mean EVERY cadet should be issued, i mean they could be brought at private expense by cadets who wish to own a jacket, just like SNCO’S (ATC) that buy them at private expense

then watch this turn into a new stable belt issue but 10x worse!

Next you’ll be asking for permission to buy and wear a Peaked Cap, chip hat, Blue Gortex, short sleeve shirts, MTP, grow bag and the list goes on and on

woahh!! Im on this forum to dicuss in a friendly way! not to argue and be judged by people!

Ohh an FYI, isnt this what forums are used for to dicuss matters

its nothing personal but this topic comes up every few months and is getting repetitive.

As quoted above the Dress Reqs say NO.

Not; only if brought or on a Monday night if there is a full moon but simply NO.

Should this change - maybe

Will it change - not anytime soon is my guess

Does this site have the power to change it - deffo not

well you saying that i am asking permission to wear GPJ…which im not!

I am just dicussing whether we should be allowed to wear them.

To be honest i couldnt care less if we are allowed to have them…im happy the way we are

Let’s not forget that the GPJ isn’t as useful as everyone makes out; yes it is quite warm, but it isn’t in the slightest bit water-resistant. What we need is a new Gore-Tex GPJ! (this was sarcasm btw)

If the correct size FW jacket is issued them it isn’t a giant crisp packet…

I think cadets should be able to wear them.

With brassards.

[quote=“themajor” post=5693]If the correct size FW jacket is issued them it isn’t a giant crisp packet…[/quote]Correct: it is a regular crisp packet, but what is the chance? :wink:

I suspect that the reason that cadets aren’t allowed to wear them is much the same as the reason that cadets (for the most part) aren’t allowed to wear No 1s - although they’re optional, some squadrons would get into their heads ideas about ‘uniform means all the same’ and before you know it the whole squadron will have them; regardless of whether they’re correctly fitting or serviceable.

[quote=“asqncdr” post=5694]I think cadets should be able to wear them.

With brassards.[/quote]

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :pinch:

The Squadron Supply Officer gets the cadets measurements and then completes a clothing proforma, hey presto fitting uniform… :woohoo:

That is sarcastic right…

You what you mean to say is, “supply officer gets measurements, completes clothing supply proforma, 12 months later (if you’re lucky) half the requested uniform arrives (the rest might come in the next 6 months) even then it sits in parent station stores for a month because they dont tell anyone its there, then send out snotty email saying - pick it up now its been here ages, or we’ll send it back - then by the time the actual cadet gets issued the uniform they have grown and what you have is at least 2 sizes too small, or 2 sizes too big.”

Or is it just my squadron thats affected?

Soudns pretty much like the process here as well!

That is sarcastic right…

You what you mean to say is, “supply officer gets measurements, completes clothing supply proforma, 12 months later (if you’re lucky) half the requested uniform arrives (the rest might come in the next 6 months) even then it sits in parent station stores for a month because they dont tell anyone its there, then send out snotty email saying - pick it up now its been here ages, or we’ll send it back - then by the time the actual cadet gets issued the uniform they have grown and what you have is at least 2 sizes too small, or 2 sizes too big.”

Or is it just my squadron thats affected?[/quote]

Perry, you know me, i’m never sarcastic :lol:

Things do seem to be moving now, we’ve had 2 boxes this past month, but they may be 2011’s orders …

Perry, I agree with you!

Major, I think they are working through the backlog, but issuing the latest requests first. :ohmy: So will be 2016 before I get 2011’s orders!

[quote=“timmyrah” post=5702][quote=“asqncdr” post=5694]I think cadets should be able to wear them.

With brassards.[/quote]

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :pinch:[/quote]

That’s the way Air Cadets were officially permitted to wear GPJs. Well, under the previous ACAI, and only applicable to CCF(RAF) Air Cadets.

Has that been formally rescinded by 1358C?

wilf_san

[quote=“wilf_san” post=5755]Has that been formally rescinded by 1358C?[/quote]Yup.