Gp Capt Vorderman wearing RAFAC pins again

I know there was a similar post a while ago…but it appears Gp Capt Vorderman is yet again wearing RAFAC pins on her rank slides instead of the approved pattern embroidered rank slides.

Who’s responsibility is this to be enforcing the dress regulations?

I know in the grand scheme of things this isn’t important, but what’s the point in dress regulations if we are going to ignore them…?

I think I am going to get my working orange uniform out of storage and and wear my rank slides with pins in…it’ll look nice and match my new flamingo hat!

1 Like

Technically the CACWO should he asking CAC to have a word but I think people have bigger fish to fry at the moment…I fully get what you are saying though

2 Likes

How on earth is she supposed to know any better? Heck, she was probably given them to wear.

3 Likes

How big will her epaulettes be though if she has to wear the Grp Cpt braid and the embroidered stuff??

Kinda the point I suppose - someone must have given all this to her and told her what to wear when and how.

But yeah, probably a lot of bigger fish at the moment.

As far as I’m concerned, kudos to her for joining in with online sessions.

1 Like

Because she’s an honorary Gp Captain?!?!

Somebody gave them to her…this isn’t the first time she has done this.

Bigger fish to fry? Well yes, but that isn’t the point.

If I wore RAFAC pins on my tapes, it would not be tolerated!

Double standards…

1 Like

There’s always bigger fish to fry, but if that is the attitude we should take, why bother being the RAFAC?

Let’s just put our uniform in the bin, go down to my uncle’s shed and play pool!

1 Like

What does the dress regs say am honoury Group Captain should wear?

1 Like

But she’s the ambassador, if she’s wearing the wrong kit, it’s for the organisation to provide her the right kit. Not for us to moan at her for wearing what she was given.

3 Likes

Anywho, is the correct rank slide for Group Captain RAFAC even defined? Is she the only one? I thought the others were RAFR?

If she’s the only one in existence, I bet they never bothered to get new ones made. It would be a waste of money.

2 Likes

I think I’ve seen at least a drawing of them once…

Boom, random Tweet.

2 Likes

Dress regs say embroidered slides only

Ok…I’m not saying it’s necessarily her fault…but someone’s given those to her

Maybe you should email her and the commandant and tell her rather than whinging anonymously on here?

2 Likes

Or buy her a set from Cadet Direct and post them to her?

You would hope there was an educational piece before inheriting a blue suit but I strongly think you are right…given to wear so wears it.

People seem to forget she is the only Gp Cpt that wears RAFAC Rankslides so they are not avaliable on civvy street and the RAF/RAFAC have to provide them. She has probably been given the pins as a substitute to having to source a bespoke rank slide for one individual. Which in my eyes is a reasonable adjustment from the dress regs

6 Likes

It’s too hot for all this…

5 Likes

They are in cadet direct. But she probably has more interesting ways to spend her Saturdays

3 Likes

From the book!

AP1358C v3.00, Chapter 4: