Got first class, but when will I get the badge

I got first class syllabus done and it is updated on portal, but when will I get badge and certificate?
Thank you

When ever your OC gives it to you, depending if they have badges, which if they havent the time fram can be a lottery from days to months

2 Likes

Also, some Sqn’s save them up for graduation, so that you get all your First Class and Blue Badges at the same time.

1 Like

Ask your oc they can give it now at any point they want. we always award ours as soon as they pass and will be awarded at the end of a night by the OC .

1 Like

As others have mentioned above…

Decision is made in house by your OC & Staff.

It could be either they’re waiting for sufficient badges to present to you and anyone else that has just passed their First Class - it could be that they have a number of badges for different classifications and courses to be delivered by WHQ; or it could be that your Sqn saves up badges / awards etc for a particular parade / event - for instance a Dining In night / Christmas party?

Do you know if you are the ONLY cadet waiting on a badge - or are there others…? For instance are there other cadets that completed First Class around the same time as you - and are they waiting to get their badges too…?

Presenting badges / awards / certificates is something that everyone looks forward to - staff as well as cadets.

Some squadrons prefer to hand them out the moment they’ve been achieved - so there is a constant flow - others save them up so that they can have parents / guests / visitors / Civ Com etc on hand to watch and congratulate too.

If you’re worried that you might have been missed, there’s no shame in asking your staff - otherwise, just continue to be patient.

Congratulations on achieving First Class!

1 Like