Going for snco board

I am going for my board but people keep telling me that i will probably be asked the question " why should we put you in uniform "? Im really struggling for an answer to that that doesn’t make me sound like a complete tool. Does anyone have any suggestions thanks

starters for 10

to allow you to fully immerse yourself in the Cadet experience, so you can feel part of the uniformed organisation and reach your true potential that would be restricted to you if you stayed as a CI.

To further develop and expand your skills and permit you the chance to show a NCO side of your CFAV skills which has not been able to be shown due to the “civilian” nature of your role.

That great thank but the next question they will ask is “That why you want to go into uniform but why should we put you in uniform”.

I’d talk about drive, commitment and ambition for delivering for the cadets - I’d also, very much at the back of your mind, remember that when they say ‘what are we looking for in a candidate for uniformed service?’, one of the correct answers is ‘a pulse, and no convictions for theft or noncing…’.

It’s very much - most importantly actually - to bare in mind that not everyones face fits. Its no reflection on the candidate if their face doesn’t fit and you get knocked back because of that.